Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharPatton

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a brand new Timberline 2023 and am trying to wrap my old, senile brain around the fancy new technology.

It was purchased with the Equipment Group 501A: Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.13.57.png

According to the "Build Your Expedition" Ford WEB page for the 2023 Timberline, this comes with the Ford Co-Pilot 360™ Assist 2.0 option:

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.37.13.png

But when I push the Park Assist button on the center console all I get is the yellow "Off" light:
IMG_5553.jpg

I'm driving slowly and have my turn signal on.

I've heard that due to the chip shortage various options are not available. TBH, the lack of this capability would not have been a dealbreaker (it was very difficult to locate a 2023 Timberline), but it is very cool and would be fun.

My sticker does not list this option as having been removed: Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.13.29.png

I'm flummoxed. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to get this working?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.13.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 17.13.29.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 5

xmountaineer

Reaction score
The P with the cone is for the parking sensors not park assist. I’m not sure where the button for park assist is on hr 2023 but on my 2019 it to the left of that where the other button is. I think I read on here that park assist is no longer being included but I could be wrong in that. I’m sure someone will chime in.

OP
OP
C

CharPatton

Reaction score
So the Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 16.44.16.png button just turns off the beeping proximity sensors but doesn't seem to have anything to do with Park Assist???

My bad: just spent a few hours viewing official Ford and other websites about this technology. We can't blame the poor sales guy for not understanding it; most all of the non-Ford YouTubes and WEB-sites bemoaned how complex and confusing this terminology is! If I understand it correctly now, Active Park Assist 2.0 is not part and parcel of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 package. Caveat emptor :(

homeuser9

Reaction score
I went through this same rollercoaster. Only the Platinum edition will have the heavy duty tow package AND Active Park Assist 2.0. Any other package, if you add the heavy duty tow, it deletes the Active Park Assist. Which is frustrating that the sales person didn't mention it; and frustrating that Ford doesn't offer it as an add-on since you KNOW it's possible to have both on a vehicle. I bought the fully kitted Stealth Performance Package plus every add-on since it had features the Platinum didn't have that I wanted and I only learned after going through the same process you did that the Park Assist isn't on mine. Platinum also gets you the Blue Cruise and again, the sales person didn't draw that distinction for me. I would think they'd offer it as an add-on for lower packages or aftermarket. I'm keeping my eye open for after market.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went through this same rollercoaster. Only the Platinum edition will have the heavy duty tow package AND Active Park Assist 2.0. Any other package, if you add the heavy duty tow, it deletes the Active Park Assist. Which is frustrating that the sales person didn't mention it; and frustrating that Ford doesn't offer it as an add-on since you KNOW it's possible to have both on a vehicle. I bought the fully kitted Stealth Performance Package plus every add-on since it had features the Platinum didn't have that I wanted and I only learned after going through the same process you did that the Park Assist isn't on mine. Platinum also gets you the Blue Cruise and again, the sales person didn't draw that distinction for me. I would think they'd offer it as an add-on for lower packages or aftermarket. I'm keeping my eye open for after market.
I knew the Blue Cruise wouldn't be on the Limited SPP, but I thought the park assist would be and I didn't know until we picked up the car. Not that it matters, I still really like the truck. Oh well...