Ford Emblem Backup Camera on 2nd Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRD88

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the emblem located on the rear hatch with a camera emblem on a 2nd generation Exp? I recently purchased a new Kenwood stereo so I could install a backup camera and use the stereo as monitor. I would prefer to install a camera that is in the emblem because it is the only way I can come up with that has the camera centered that isn't a license plate mount due to the rear glass button. Would like to know how difficult and if there are any issues I should be aware of. Thanks

2005 Exp EB

OP
OP
FRD88

FRD88

Reaction score
So far I haven't gotten any feedback, so it looks like I am going to go a different route. My buddy that has a shop found a new license plate camera he had lying around that he will sell me super cheap. It will be easier to install and for the price difference I am going with that for now, but if I don't like it I will look back into doing the emblem.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just FYI, the camera being slightly off-center near the glass release button isn't an issue as far as how the image is displayed. I can back up to a trailer using the camera only and its location doesn't hinder at all. You really can't tell the camera is slightly off-set.

If having it dead center is a concern for you then the emblem mount like many F-series trucks used is going to look great and function the same. If I didn't have the OEM camera under near the glass release button I'd do the F150 emblem mount for sure. It would look factory and no automatic carwash or thief would be any wiser.

Pearl use to make a pretty nice looking frame that hides a camera well. It was expensive and didn't work as well as it should have, considering its price tag. But they are still out there.

Qb63p2zjPNnIM_OvxL5O6XmMmg1Pw6Vjs3rJrfCZsB-U3pmgPP.jpg

But there is no way I'd do one of these things below. Maybe I'm more of form over function:

128.jpg

dsc00834.jpg

cnacowboy

Reaction score
I am also thinking of putting in a back up camera but cant decide what one I want and were to put it