Ford extended warranty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy C

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get the ford extended warranty? I know Honda has Hondacare you can get for around 1400 for 8 years 120k miles, but I am not familiar with if ford has similar thing.

If it does, can you please share your recommendations? With so many electronics, maybe it is a good to have for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one. Go to Lombard or Flood Ford online and get a quote. Take that quote to your dealer and they’ll match it.

It’s cheap insurance if you ask me. $1200 to know my ride is covered bumper to bumper for 100,000 miles is money well spent in my book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andy C

Reaction score
I bought one. Go to Lombardy or Flood Ford online and get a quote. Take that quote to your dealer and they’ll match it.

It’s cheap insurance if you ask me. $1200 to know my ride is covered bumper to bumper for 80,000 miles is money well spent in my book.

Which coverage did you get? Looks like there are few choices.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which coverage did you get? Looks like there are few choices.

8 years, 100k miles (I misremembered in my post above), $100 deductible.

Another perk: it includes rental coverage when your vehicle is in the shop. Although my dealership does free loaners so that’s kinda moot for me, but I’ve got it if my dealer changes it’s policy.

And it was $1600. Apparently my memory gets worse the later it is. Ha!

Dark Z

Reaction score
8 years, 100k miles (I misremembered in my post above), $100 deductible.

Another perk: it includes rental coverage when your vehicle is in the shop. Although my dealership does free loaners so that’s kinda moot for me, but I’ve got it if my dealer changes it’s policy.

And it was $1600. Apparently my memory gets worse the later it is. Ha!
damn thats a good price, I wonder if there is anyone in Canada can offer such rate...

tater

Reaction score
Andersen Koch Ford was my choice for the extended warranty. I purchased on-line. They are priced about the same as the others. I think I paid around $1400 for 7 years, about 2 years ago.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great information. Extended warranty is a high profit item for the dealer and finance manager. They typically double their money on the plans they sell.

Lombard Ford is a great alternative from what I am reading. Thx for sharing!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the link for Flood Ford: https://www.floodfordesp.com/

It doesnt really matter who you use (Flood, Lombard, etc.) They are all selling the same plan that's honored at all Ford dealerships, so just go with whoever is cheaper and either buy from them or use them to lever your dealer down.

Interestingly, the quote you'll get from any of those online folks is not trim-specific. So when you get an online quote, it's just for a general expi. That means if you are covering a Platinum (or a tricked out Ltd) with all the electronic doodads which are certainly prone to breaking, those aren't factored in. I think when you go through the whole purchase process with one of them you have to submit your VIN and they'll give you an updated quote. But I didn't buy from them...I took the general base quote to my dealer and they matched it for my Platinum. So I probably got an XLT priced plan for my Platinum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357