Ford F150 & Expedition Front Hub and Bearing Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Masters

Reaction score
Done all four on my 2004 as well.. I even converted the front 4 wheel to drive to 2 wheel by getting a 2 wheel drive hub bearing.. fits perfectly. Since than one on the front fail so I went with a different brand and made sure the bearings were Tapered roller bearings. Heads up those back hub bearings are no joke to take off! I bought ATD 8629 Wheel Hub Removal Tool.. if not for that I would be still beating on this hub bearing’til this day lol

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Detroit axle

Have done all 4 in my '04, used wheel hub assemblies from Detroit Aaxle. Check them out if you dont want to pay a ton of money for good american made parts

subscribed to channel

I've used Detroit Axle kit to redo my front brakes (2003). Came with front rotors, ceramic pads, hardware/hardware lube and a bottle of DOT3 brake fluid and can of brake cleaner. All for $80 with free shipping. Ordered from Amazon also. They have been just fine.

If I had to do hubs I'd likely source it from Amazon. I think I already have them 'saved for later' with Amazon.

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced both front hub/bearing assemblies with abs sensors in an attempt to fix my advancetrac issues. I am stilling getting code C1122, faulty front left wheel speed sensor input voltage. My abs kicks on randomly under normal braking or even no braking at all. I believe either the new sensor is a bad, or the wiring further up past the sensor connector has an issue. Anyone else have any insight into this? I used mevotech parts.

Thanks,
Sean

I do not have advancetrac, but...

I've read on a Porsche website that if you go to full lock/turn the older wiring could be subject to stress and intermittent or continuous problems like you describe.