Ford Fever Classic Oct. 11 - 13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ford Fever Classic has been rescheduled for Friday & Saturday November 8,9 due to weather for anyone interested.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
As of now the weather looks promising for next weekend!

Changes I made this past year...

I added 2 catalytic converters in addition to my high flows this past summer to help pass the visual portion of my emissions test. It did fine. I picked some 3" in/out cats spec'd for a higher gross vehicle weight in hopes they flow well enough. They did quiet it down but difficult to say if it impeded high rpm power or not. Guess I will find out.

I also installed 60# injectors and adjusted the tune accordingly.

I purchased a JLP intercooler reservoir so I could run ice in it at the track but it appears my a/c lines not to mention my killer chiller lines are in the way so its not going to be a simple install if I am able to do it at all. :(

I still believe high 12's should be no problem unless the cats really hurt the top end. Was hoping the use of JLP intercooler would make it possible to set a new record. Difficult though as I was running shorter tires and looser stock converter when my record was set.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Charging my hd video camera and go pro! Maybe I can get some decent video!? Wish I had someone to help me film.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to help but I can't.:bawl:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Looked into installing my JLP intercooler reservoir. Fits in the lightning but apparently the A/C set up is different enough between a lightning and the expy it will not fit. Not without modifying the a/c lines / pressure sensor. :(

Was hoping to run ice in the reservoir at the track... oh well.

Have to sell it and maybe go with methanol injection but its not happening before this week end.

Washed and waxed her today for the trip. Sucks its supposed to rain late tonight/ tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well.... I got the JLP intercooler reservoir to fit!!

Had to massage the A/C lines, battery tray and cover, hood, hoodliner, and tweak the brackets, etc... but she fits. :uhoh2:

Tested her for leaks before the install and found the windshield washer reservoir portion had a pin hole at each corner (top) where they welded in the divider. :fca5278d: It's a combination intercooler / washer fluid reservoir as it replaces / fits where the existing windshield washer reservoir is.

Used some rtv sealant since the holes were tiny hoping that will keep the intercooler fluid out of the windshield washer portion of the reservoir. Coolant on the windshield along with everwhere else it goes when you use it would not be good.

So it took the better part of the day to get it all finished up but she is in!!

:big_banana_Dance:
Now I can use some ice at the track to greatly improve the intercooler's efficiency. Always did this with the stang but have yet to try it with the expy. Hopefully the tune works well with it.

Last edited: