Ford field service action number 21B10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else recently received this notification on the Ford pass app? It essentially says it's a recall, but it's claiming I need to have PCM reprogram for cam phaser rattle. But I just had the entire vct/phaser fix dinner about 1500 miles ago. One would think that would've been done during service right?

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds to me like they’re trying a programming fix to eliminate the current repair method / surgery ($. )

ill bet they now make us do ONLY the software so it makes the “noise” less noticeable.

to that i say - what about the timing chains that get so loose @ or under 50k?

lame

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not receive the notification. I have a May 2019 build date. I’m guessing the people receiving the message have April 2019 or earlier build dates to match up with the cam phaser TSB.

RPS99SHO

Reaction score
I did not receive the notification. I have a May 2019 build date. I’m guessing the people receiving the message have April 2019 or earlier build dates to match up with the cam phaser TSB.
I have a July 2019 build. I got the message.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a January 2018 build and also got the alert. I’ve never had a cam phaser problem -knocks on wood- but perhaps this will help with my rattling waste gate...ha!

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an August 19 build 2019 and got the message. So who’s the guinea pig in the group? I’m curious how this might impact my tune. Wondering if I’d need to get an updated one from 5 Star. I’ll be holding off until I know for sure...

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a January 2018 build and also got the alert. I’ve never had a cam phaser problem -knocks on wood- but perhaps this will help with my rattling waste gate...ha!
I wish, Ford made my l service center do the VCT/phaser fix to try and fix the rattling wastegates, and of course it didn't help at all. I was pissed they would take apart my engine when the noise was coming from underneath the car.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an August 19 build 2019 and got the message. So who’s the guinea pig in the group? I’m curious how this might impact my tune. Wondering if I’d need to get an updated one from 5 Star. I’ll be holding off until I know for sure...

Might be worth reaching out to 5star ahead of time, letting them know this is coming to see if they are concerned at all. My guess is this update and the tunes tweak different things and won't cause issues, but I could be wrong.