Ford Gun Safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FormerGermanFan

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Ford Safe (we all know it’s for handguns mostly) in their Expedition yet? I’m really curious about how it installs, can it be easily removed by a burglar? Anyone had experience with it? Good or bad!

I’m intrigued by it because when I was a college student, UT Dallas held an awards ceremony at a Hyatt. During which, every. Single. Truck. Got broken into by thieves looking for guns they could steal. Definitely don’t want that to happen should I leave anything in my vehicle.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curious myself...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Ford safe is just a rebadged Console Vault was it? Just throwing it out there in case one is cheaper....can’t help much more on that one. I’m curious on how fast it can be dislodged as well.

OP
OP
FormerGermanFan

FormerGermanFan

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I want! The Ford Safe definitely seems to be an identical product to Locker Down & Console Vault but $70 more for the privilege of having a blue oval. Look forward to installing it!

Thanks @DobermanTech

DobermanTech

Reaction score
I also researched the Console Vault. Looked like a good product, but what ultimately swayed me was the physical opening. If you notice on the Console Vault for the Expedition the door is much smaller than with Locker Down. I figured that would make getting things in and out more difficult.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also researched the Console Vault. Looked like a good product, but what ultimately swayed me was the physical opening. If you notice on the Console Vault for the Expedition the door is much smaller than with Locker Down. I figured that would make getting things in and out more difficult.
That would be a hard pass for me if my blunderbuss wouldn’t fit.

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
If you just want to hide a firearm to ensure thieves don't get it and want it easily accessible when you might need it, consider one of those inexpensive gun magnets. They can easily hold a loaded pistol. I have used them on multiple vehicles. There are lots of places under the dash to stash a modest size firearm where only you know it is there. I have sometimes screwed in a small metal bracket or support to place it exactly where I want. They hold very securely.

The obvious additional benefit is that you get to retain easy access to your entire console for other things.

Example here: https://www.amazon.com/RYMMES-Magne...d=1&keywords=gun+magnet&qid=1591279622&sr=8-5

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you just want to hide a firearm to ensure thieves don't get it and want it easily accessible when you might need it, consider one of those inexpensive gun magnets. They can easily hold a loaded pistol. I have used them on multiple vehicles. There are lots of places under the dash to stash a modest size firearm where only you know it is there. I have sometimes screwed in a small metal bracket or support to place it exactly where I want. They hold very securely.

The obvious additional benefit is that you get to retain easy access to your entire console for other things.

Example here: https://www.amazon.com/RYMMES-Magne...d=1&keywords=gun+magnet&qid=1591279622&sr=8-5
That....is an excellent idea. Thank you.

I especially love that Amazon suggested that I add that item to my "Subscribe and Save" as though I am going to need a steady stream of them going into the future. Haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360