Ford never cares about its customers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
I am here not accusing Ford without evidence.
The company that produces vehicles that fail due to throttle or pressure fuel pumps
The car suddenly stops on highwaysIt wher that may may cause terrible accidents
And FORD don't worry about that..

.Absolutely a sluggish company that doesn't care about customers' lives.

-The company that adds a wheel wrench that doesn't fit the tire bolts
And the driver of the vehicle is surprised by it
This is a miserable company
This is what I suffered from and it made me lose confidence
Where I own Expedition 2009 and others 2105But I am seriously considering getting rid of them and switching to respectable companies like the Asian one
what do you think ?
What problems did you face that Ford did not solve?

Regards

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am here not accusing Ford without evidence.
The company that produces vehicles that fail due to throttle or pressure fuel pumps
The car suddenly stops on highwaysIt wher that may may cause terrible accidents
And FORD don't worry about that..

.Absolutely a sluggish company that doesn't care about customers' lives.

-The company that adds a wheel wrench that doesn't fit the tire bolts
And the driver of the vehicle is surprised by it
This is a miserable company
This is what I suffered from and it made me lose confidence
Where I own Expedition 2009 and others 2105But I am seriously considering getting rid of them and switching to respectable companies like the Asian one
what do you think ?
What problems did you face that Ford did not solve?

Regards

I purchased my first Ford in more than 45 years of driving and owning vehicles: a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. It has been meticulously maintained, garaged, and only used for passenger use (mostly grandchildren). No towing or hauling.

The vehicle now has 102,*** miles. Ford has replaced or rebuilt under warranty or with my Ford service plan since new (does not include customer-pay maintenance):

Water pump
Ignition coil
Exterior belt line moulding
LF seat cushion cover (defective at delivery)
Transmission (51 days due to lack of parts)
Steering rack / gear (71 days due to lack of parts)
Engine vacuum pump and oil line fitting
LH turbo cooing line and fitting
Degas bottle
Engine cooling llines
Two LF door check assemblies
Front HVAC blower motor (8 month wait for parts)
Most of the wheel lug nuts (wear items - not covered)
Right exterior rear-view mirror assembly
Various electronic warnings since new (never repaired and still occurring).

And I’m sure I’m forgetting something.

The quality and reliability has been dismal - and the wait for repair or replacement parts has also be dismal. Eventually most of the defects have been repaired - but the hassle with the dealer and the wait is not worth it.

You’re mad - and I fully understand why. I would never buy another new Ford if they were the only car company left.

I would have bought another new vehicle by now, but I’m waiting for the Ford Premium Service Plan to expire.

DavidCola

Reaction score
They are too busy trying to put the latest technology in their vehicles and forgetting about the basics of dependability. They lack a quality culture. This has extended to the dealerships as well. Remember their old saying-Quality is Job #1! Lost in the archives. I don't see me buying another Ford in my lifetime. I don't think GM is any better. Toyota probably will get my money.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
They are too busy trying to put the latest technology in their vehicles and forgetting about the basics of dependability. They lack a quality culture. This has extended to the dealerships as well. Remember their old saying-Quality is Job #1! Lost in the archives. I don't see me buying another Ford in my lifetime. I don't think GM is any better. Toyota probably will get my money.

Really unfortunate

most unfortunate that a moderator in this forum thinks that I am talking about politics when I make some remarks

Thanks / Regards

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not had the horribly extensive problems that others here have had, however my experiences on our last 3 Expeditions (2 of which we still own) has not been pleasant.

Our 2011 was brought in for shock replacements @ 47,000 miles and after quoting us OEM shocks only, the dealer installed incorrect aftermarket shock / spring combos for $1,600. This caused vehicle leveling and driveability issues.

To resolve I had to repurchase and reinstall OEM shocks and new OEM springs at a cost of $2500. After 6 months, the vehicle then started pulling hard to the right upon very hard braking (normal braking was fine). After extensive troubleshooting, the anti-lock brake controller had to be replaced at a cost of $1500 ($1000 for the part). Most recently we replaced all the HVAC blend doors after 2 Failed (1 for the second time) At a cost of $2000. This vehicle only has 61,000 miles on it.

Our 2014 Expedition, which we no longer own, had so many unresolvable mechanical and electrical issues, that we traded it in at 3 years and 32,000 miles and took a big financial hit on it.

The 2017 Expedition, which we now have 46,000 miles has had the positive battery terminal leak (common issue) which destroyed the positive battery terminal. Ford denied the warranty and we ended up repairing it ourselves, even though under warranty. Last year, as we were heading out on a 1200 mile trip the trailer brake controller starting acting crazy, showing trailer disconnected and losing trailer brakes when nothing was wrong with the connection or the trailer.

Local dealer said they could probably look at it in 2+ weeks. We ended up troubleshooting and resolving problem ourselves (ground buried up above the spare tire. We are now faced with with the potential potential fire hazard of the blower motor, a strange noise in the left front suspension, which they cannot find and of course the VVT and Turbo issues that thankfully we have not experienced.

Based on what I know from my own experiences and have learned from other here and elsewhere, I will certainly not be purchasing a Gen 4 Expy and it is unlikely I'll be purchasing another Ford Motor Company Product. Shame because I've purchased mostly Fords for the last 35 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
I have not had the horribly extensive problems that others here have had, however my experiences on our last 3 Expeditions (2 of which we still own) has not been pleasant as all.

Our 2011 was brought in for shock replacements @ 47,000 miles and after quoting us OEM shocks only, the dealer installed incorrect aftermarket shock / spring combos for $1,600. This caused vehicle leveling and driveability issues.

To resolve I had to repurchase and reinstall OEM shocks and new OEM springs at a cost of $2500. After 6 months, the vehicle then started pulling hard to the right upon very hard braking (normal braking was fine). After extensive troubleshooting, the anti-lock brake controller had to be replaced at a cost of $1500 ($1000 for the part). Most recently we replaced all the HVAC blend doors after 2 Failed (1 for the second time) At a cost of $2000. This vehicle only has 61,000 miles on it.

Our 2014 Expedition, which we no longer own, had so many unresolvable mechanical and electrical issues, that we traded it in at 3 years and 32,000 miles and took a big financial hit on it.

The 2017 Expedition, which we now have 46,000 miles has had the positive battery terminal leak (common issue) and destroy the positive battery terminal. Ford denied the warranty and we ended up repairing it ourselves, even though under warranty. Last year, as we were heading out on a 1200 mile trip the trailer brake controller starting acting crazy, showing trailer disconnected and losing trailer brakes when nothing was wrong with the connection or the trailer.

Local dealer said they could probably look at it in 2+ weeks. We ended up troubleshooting and resolving problem ourselves (ground buried up above the spare tire. We are now faced with with the potential potential fire hazard of the blower motor, a strange noise in the left front suspension, which they cannot find and of course the VVT and Turbo issues that thankfully we have not experienced.

Based on what I know from my own experiences and have learned from other here and elsewhere, I will certainly not be purchasing a Gen 4 Expy and it is unlikely I'll be purchasing another Ford Motor Company Product. Shame because I've purchased mostly Fords for the last 35 years
This is why we bring it up here
Perhaps Ford moves its feelings and pay attention to customers and their requirements and complaints

Many thanks and appreciation to you
I think I'm in the same direction
I will get rid of what I have and look for a company who take the initiative to look into any problem of the customer

Roland A

Reaction score
Go look on the other car companies forums, even Toyota. You will find the same conversations. You have to maintain them, that's a given, but a new car purchase is a crap shoot in 2023.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
Go look on the other car companies forums, even Toyota. You will find the same conversations. You have to maintain them, that's a given, but a new car purchase is a crap shoot in 2023.

Absolutely
Problems are here and there
Toyota and others are not angels who make no mistakes !

But we raised the issue here because we want solutions
In order to hold on to Ford
what is certain is that "in some companies" there are those who listen, research and develop