Ford quietly redesigned the thermostat in 2022...replace it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I live up North and went with the improved version but in a 180 degree temp. Part number is BR3E-8575-BB. Trans runs around 185-190 and the engine stays at about 190-195 with this t stat temp. On hard pulls on warm days it will cross to about 205-210 but return back down after the load is lessened. Reason I went with the 180 was for heat in the winter. It’s got plenty even with this temp and couldn’t be happier. I almost think a 170 would be fine as well even for me in the North.

Are you sure that's the right part number? When I search that part number here, nothing shows up:

But on the 14th Gen F150 forums, there's a post where someone provides the part number as BR3Z-8575-G:

I prefer to use a genuine Ford 180F thermostat than an aftermarket thermostat for 160F-170F.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure that's the right part number? When I search that part number here, nothing shows up:

But on the 14th Gen F150 forums, there's a post where someone provides the part number as BR3Z-8575-G:

I prefer to use a genuine Ford 180F thermostat than an aftermarket thermostat for 160F-170F.
It’s correct. All the later Fords use the same style T stat but the part number changes for temp. The 180 is for the Mustangs, HD Ecoboost Police and taxi cars and stuff like that but won’t come up for any Expedition.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does the cooler stat do to mpg? Used to be they had you run a 160 when doing a module tune in order to cause a richer mixture from the “choke” being on. Fooled computer.

Tricon

Reaction score
Is it the same as the F150's, just remove the intake tubes above it, 2x8mm bolts and swap it out?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After reading through this thread, I decided to check my stats. Since I did the FORScan gauge mod, it was easy to see the temps. I have no way of knowing if my stat was changed, but my temp gauge shows a constant 195 degrees engine and 165 to 179 tranny temp. With that said my Expy has the tow package with a larger radiator and cooler. My gas mileage is way more than I expected.