Ford Vehicle Safety Recalls in 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In August 2022, my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 was the subject of a Ford safety recall with the potential for the front HVAC motor to catch fire while the vehicle is running. The letter I received from Ford stated the part will be available sometime next year.

In this article, it explains how Ford is leading all vehicle manufacturers for safety recalls in 2022: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-list-for-windshield-wiper-grows/69666234007/

In 2022, through November 21, 2022, Ford has issued 63 safety recalls involving 8,083,292 vehicles!

My Expedition has been at my local Ford dealer for the past two weeks, awaiting a steering rack assembly which is on national backorder - with no estimate when the part will be shipped by Ford to the dealer. Although not a recall, it is another example of poor quality.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Ford’s quality and reliability continues to get worse - with no improvement in sight?

Avee8tor

Reaction score
If I remember Ford recently fired the head of quality control because of many concerns over quality of parts etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK