FordPartsGiant.com - Not a Great Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namerom

Reaction score
I needed a new shifter for my wife's expedition as I have the old key stuck in the ignition issue. I found the part last night at FordPartsGiants.com, did some research on their reliability, then ordered the part. They processed my payment and provided an estimated shipping date, all is well. This morning, I was sent an email saying there was a price increase of $21.47 asking me if I would like to proceed. I accepted so that I could keep the part moving (need it yesterday, don't want to reset the clock on a new order), and $21 isn't going to set me back.

What angers me is the poor business practice in offering a price and then asking for more money. I went to customer service and they just said we have price increases, anything else we can assist with? That was an opportunity for them to do the right thing and honor the original price. Its a race to the bottom now a days with respect to customer service and they chose to circle the drain.

Anyway, just one person's experience but thought I'd share.

Also, massive shoutout to this community and its contributors as I was able to diagnose and order parts for two different issues I'm experiencing.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I needed a new shifter for my wife's expedition as I have the old key stuck in the ignition issue. I found the part last night at FordPartsGiants.com, did some research on their reliability, then ordered the part. They processed my payment and provided an estimated shipping date, all is well. This morning, I was sent an email saying there was a price increase of $21.47 asking me if I would like to proceed. I accepted so that I could keep the part moving (need it yesterday, don't want to reset the clock on a new order), and $21 isn't going to set me back.

What angers me is the poor business practice in offering a price and then asking for more money. I went to customer service and they just said we have price increases, anything else we can assist with? That was an opportunity for them to do the right thing and honor the original price. Its a race to the bottom now a days with respect to customer service and they chose to circle the drain.

Anyway, just one person's experience but thought I'd share.

Also, massive shoutout to this community and its contributors as I was able to diagnose and order parts for two different issues I'm experiencing.

Do you mean www.FordPartsGiant.com (not www.FordPartsGiants.com)?

OP
OP
N

namerom

Reaction score
Follow up here. Estimated receipt date was the 9th through the 11th, order placed on the 3rd. I've followed up twice as the order still shows "processing". I used the online chat both times. The message I received yesterday was you'll get an email. The message I received today was call back tomorrow. I really needed the part by tomorrow for a trip, figured 8 days was enough to get a part to Texas. Each step has been progressively worse. I'm not trying to dump on these guys, I may have had the lemon experience, but this is just flat out terrible customer service. I cancelled the order.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of drop shippers pull that crap and it ticks me off. They either make no attempt to automate price updates from their suppliers or they willfully leave the old prices in places in the hopes that the buyer will just swallow the increase and proceed. Some will just outright cancel the order without any contact whatsoever (had that with a Honda parts supplier last month).