ForSCAN 2007 Disable TPMS or turn off in IC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. My 2007 XLT EL has TPMS errors (dead battery in wheel sensor). I'm not replacing them. Please do not reply with "just fix the TPMS" or suggest the tube with sensors in it

I'm trying to find any Forscan info on disabling the light and message on the instrument cluster. If anyone has been successful doing this, I would love your input. There are not alot of options on this year for Forscan but I have been in the settings and I should at least be able to turn off the annoying message and flashing light. Any info greatly appreciated, and I'll update with my findings if I have to go at it from scratch

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, with my setup I can't access the BCM. Most likely because I have a cheapo bluetooth reader.
For anyone looking in the future, here is what i did:
I accessed the instrument cluster and changed
720-01-01 9903 6B74 to
720-01-01 9903 2B74

This disabled the TPMS alerts and has not affected anything else that I've found yet. Reflashing the IC does reset trip meters, mpg averages, and the Hour meter though.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, with my setup I can't access the BCM. Most likely because I have a cheapo bluetooth reader.
For anyone looking in the future, here is what i did:
I accessed the instrument cluster and changed
720-01-01 9903 6B74 to
720-01-01 9903 2B74

This disabled the TPMS alerts and has not affected anything else that I've found yet. Reflashing the IC does reset trip meters, mpg averages, and the Hour meter though.

This is awesome.
Thanks for your work and info.

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've just changed the code on my own too. My stock values were different so I took a gamble and made a random change. To me it seems like you can pick any value you want as long as it's not readable by the ECU it wont register as an error.

Here is the code mine was originally:
720-01-01 9903-4A74-83

I switched it to:
720-01-01 9903-0A74-83

This worked great for me. Thanks guys!

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

My 2014 has the same annoying error and I've never used Forscan before. I already bought the USB to OBD connector for Ford vehicles (eBay) and will attempt to play with the TPMS setting soon.

Are the lines of code the same on a 2014 as the ones listed above? I seem to have read that 2014's were an odd duck for Forscan...

Thanks in advance!

fvernet

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just applied the above fix to kill the TPMS alert on my 2011 and it worked.

Specifically, I did the following to the 726-02-01 line:
Changed 03C0 2424 003B to 0300 2424 003b. I changed only the 3rd digit in the first block from C to 0 (zero).

That eliminated the alert AND the instrument panel Flat Tire icon.

Thanks to all for the above help.

Matt Conti

Reaction score
I'm late to this thread - but hoping someone can take the from the beginning...
1- 2008 Epedition XLT 4x4. Just bought a set of used 18-inch wheels and used A/T tires for $250 to replace my stock 17-inch el cheapo car tires.
2- The local shop said there's 2 missing valve stems on the 18s, they can put on cheap old style ones...or wanted to know if I wanted the tpms version for $60+ EACH. ($240+ total)
3- I said put the cheap ones on, I'll deal with the warning light later.

Question- what's my cheapest way to not have that tpms light on? I've never heard of Forscan until today, what is it? How do I get it? I'm now just thinking of selling all the 18" crap and getting better 17-inch tires...

The car is still at the shop, haven't even picked it up yet...