Forscan Global windows? Autofold mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hvunderground845

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get global windows or auto fold mirrors to work on the 17 expedition? I found the option for it on forscan but can't activate it with my keyfob

Attachments

• 20211207_094426.jpg
    20211207_094426.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 10

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He’s done it, but it’s complex, more than just forscan.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get global windows or auto fold mirrors to work on the 17 expedition? I found the option for it on forscan but can't activate it with my keyfob

Not possible in the 15-17 Expeditions... Ford didnt bless us with door modules. :confused:

I've added a chinese aftermarket module to gain that feature. And it's not entirely plug-n-play

OP
OP
Hvunderground845

Hvunderground845

Reaction score
Well that stinks. I appreciate the responses guys. Honestly if it's a bunch of work I'm not gunna bother with it, surprising that it doesn't work on these since it seems most newer ford's will do it. I feel ford missed alot of things on these 15-17 expeditions that would have been nice to have
How hard was adding the modules? I'm pretty good with wiring but don't like soldering on computer boards

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that stinks. I appreciate the responses guys. Honestly if it's a bunch of work I'm not gunna bother with it, surprising that it doesn't work on these since it seems most newer ford's will do it. I feel ford missed alot of things on these 15-17 expeditions that would have been nice to have
How hard was adding the modules? I'm pretty good with wiring but don't like soldering on computer boards

The manufacturer had great intentions but I doubt that they've test fitted it in an Expedition in China (if they have them in China). ... I had to extend the wires so I can find the perfect placement for the module.

1) Have to splice into the driver door lock/unlock wires.
2) Have to splice into the driver door window motor Main Power Wire.

Last edited:

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That doesn't seem too bad, once you did that did you have to do anything software wise?
Nope, no software ... it works independently from the OEM computer system

it just monitors a sequence of door lock and unlock signals.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hvunderground845, Here's what I did to get autofold Mirrors

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Way more work than the feature is worth! Great respect for @TXFRDOwner for his ingenuity in getting the features working though! The 15-17 was a hybrid architecture. The BCM did way more in that Gen than it did in others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360