Forscan mod to display outside temp in dash cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDN2018

Reaction score
Guys,

Like many, I find it very inconvenient to have to get back to they main sync infotainment screen from apple carplay to see the outside air temperature, this includes asking Siri. I find it baffling that the Ford design team could not add the outside air temperature to the 8" digital cluster gauge, considering that on my 2017 ford escape the engineers provide this vital information both on the cluster gauge display as well as in the infotainment system. Seems like a good deal of design/engineering/programing in silos. Anyway, here are my questions.:

1- Can outside air temperature be added to this gauge cluster display using forscan?
2- Can forscan be used to provide an alert box with a freezing temperature warning when the outside air temperature drops below, say, 35F?

thanks,

Jacob Eberhart

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out how to do this? I’ve seen where you can add the engine and oil? temps above their respective gauges.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope...tried many settings. Also, FYI there is a FORSCAN area. Lots of good stuff in there.