FORScan News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Straight from the FORScan web page.

What's new in FORScan

April 01, 2022 - Suspending FORScan Lite for iOS distribution

Due to sanctions against Russian banks and Apple's refusal to make another monthly payment, we have to suspend FORScan Lite for iOS distribution. Application will be available again as soon as the problem has been resolved.

March 04, 2022 - Suspending Extended License sales

Due to sanctions against Russian banks and inability to transfer funds, we have to suspend selling Extended Licenses.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I 100% agree with the sanctions, but this still sucks. The FORSCAN crew are top notch and amazing to deal with. Here is where politics suck! The average citizen making an honest living is getting screwed.

OP
OP
apex96

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I 100% agree with the sanctions, but this still sucks. The FORSCAN crew are top notch and amazing to deal with. Here is where politics suck! The average citizen making an honest living is getting screwed.
It is very frustrating for sure. I delayed purchasing an extended license and now my delaying has bitten me in the a** it appears...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is very frustrating for sure. I delayed purchasing an extended license and now my delaying has bitten me in the a** it appears...
You can do the 2 month indefinitely, just have to keep submitting. It is annoying, but I know several doing it. I am about to because my 2 years is about to expire. I just hope this crap ends soon, because this might kill FORSCAN.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't understand why people wouldn't just pay the $50 for lifetime and $50 for the connector but, they will pay over $200 for a good scanner that can't do even a 1/10 of what FORScan can do.

Yes, you can get FORScan free, but you have to keep reapplying and Like @LokiWolf said it's a pain. Bottom line is what is your time worth? $50 and I never will deal with it again or let it keep costing me my valuable time. I mean hell I spend well over $50 going out to dinner so I will just eat a sandwich one night and pay for it.

When I first got on FORScan I bought lifetime. Even if I don't have a ford anymore there are plenty of them that my family and friends have that I diagnose for.

P S: The connector goes on sale couple times a year on Amazon, and you can get it cheaper. I got mine for $35.

Well looks like the connectors have gone up to $60. But like i said they go on sale.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't understand why people wouldn't just pay the $50 for lifetime and $50 for the connector but, they will pay over $200 for a good scanner that can't do even a 1/10 of what FORScan can do.

Yes, you can get FORScan free, but you have to keep reapplying and Like @LokiWolf said it's a pain. Bottom line is what is your time worth? $50 and I never will deal with it again or let it keep costing me my valuable time. I mean hell I spend well over $50 going out to dinner so I will just eat a sandwich one night and pay for it.

When I first got on FORScan I bought lifetime. Even if I don't have a ford anymore there are plenty of them that my family and friends have that I diagnose for.

P S: The connector goes on sale couple times a year on Amazon, and you can get it cheaper. I got mine for $35.

Well looks like the connectors have gone up to $60. But like i said they go on sale.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I paid for 2 years. Should have paid for lifetime. Sadly now, you can't pay at all.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been poking around in the Forscan site today, and it appears they no longer offer a Lifetime license. And what apparently was a 2-year paid, is now a 1-year paid - for $12.00.