ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESG406

Reaction score
Platinum Trim .Don't think its there, at least I can't find it.Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easy forescan tweak. I think there may be a way to hard wire it . Would like your thoughts.I"ll post later when Carol is back home from dog trial.
Thanks,
Ed

Kevin 16587

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response! I don't get on as often as I used to. Any luck?

I have added keys, but all when I already had 2 working factory keys. Sadly, you might need a dealer to accomplish this with FDRS.
Thanks for the reply. I received the factory keys and may give it a go. FORscan gives me the option to do it, after all. I have a locksmith friend as a backup. I should probably confirm he has the capability first.

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
Apologies if I missed this; also kind of resurrecting an old thread but it seems like the right place to ask…

I’ve recently become aware that on my 2015, the engine coolant temp (ECT) gauge is kind of a dummy gauge, and will show in the middle from like 190-235ish.

Meaning it won’t start to creep until I’m already approaching a potentially dangerous temp.

I’m soon going to be moving cross country, and will be towing a 24” enclosed trailer, loaded to around 8500lbs.

Is there a way to enable a numerical readout of ECT’s on the dash through FORScan? I’ve seen videos of it being enabled on newer vehicles but just wanted to check.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies if I missed this; also kind of redirecting an old thread but it seems like the right place to ask…

I’ve recently become aware that on my 2015, the engine coolant temp (ECT) gauge is kind of a dummy gauge, and will show in the middle from like 190-235ish.

Meaning it won’t start to creep until I’m already approaching a potentially dangerous temp.

I’m soon going to be moving cross country, and will be towing a 24” enclosed trailer, loaded to around 8500lbs.

Is there a way to enable a numerical readout of ECT’s on the dash through FORScan? I’ve seen videos of it being enabled on newer vehicles but just wanted to check.
Yes, it should be doable. Not sure of the coding. You could also get a MX+ adapter, and use a Gauge app to monitor the real temp.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01