ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Excellent work! I wasn’t aware the 15-17 came with the heated option. Got a part number for the wheel? Any additional parts needed?

You are correct, no Expedition before the 2018 came with the Heated Steering Wheel option (that I know of)...but take a look at my thread on how I was able to add the HSW to my 17 Expy. I'm still working on the thread, but more info to follow on what parts/tools I used to install.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/heated-steering-wheel-installation-on-my-2017.35701/

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to modify the following things.
If I buy an OBD module and get the Forscan software I can do all of these with my 2016 Expedition with Sync 3 v.3.0?

Climate control on right MFD
Heated & Cooled Seat Icons on home & climate screen sync 3
Windows close open with Fob
Autofold mirrors

Also one other thing I've noticed when I first bought the vehicle is that when you're using CarPlay and you want to change the climate control you can't see what temperature you're choosing. I can't stand this because I want to be able to lower and raise the temp on both passenger and driver but we always have to exit CarPlay to make sure we choose a comfortable temp and not just guessing by turning the dial. I've seen on my new 2018 Fusion that it shows the temp in a spinning wheel when you change it (just like the volume pictured below). Is there a way to implement this using Forscan? 150623_157_ford_764A0465.jpg

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

That is the only one that can be done.

The Expy is missing several modules the Fusion/Edge/Explorer have that allow some of those changes.

The lack of temp wheel when in CarPlay annoys me also. I did a quick look last time I had Forscan attached, and didn’t find it. I need to compare my Edge coding to the Expy.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to modify the following things.
If I buy an OBD module and get the Forscan software I can do all of these with my 2016 Expedition with Sync 3 v.3.0?

Climate control on right MFD
Windows close open with Fob
Autofold mirrors

Also one other thing I've noticed when I first bought the vehicle is that when you're using CarPlay and you want to change the climate control you can't see what temperature you're choosing. I can't stand this because I want to be able to lower and raise the temp on both passenger and driver but we always have to exit CarPlay to make sure we choose a comfortable temp and not just guessing by turning the dial. I've seen on my new 2018 Fusion that it shows the temp in a spinning wheel when you change it (just like the volume pictured below). Is there a way to implement this using Forscan? 150623_157_ford_764A0465.jpg

Take a look at post #601 above...it has a link to the Expedition FORScan spreadsheet with all known changes...that will help you.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to add BLIS to a 2016 Expedition Limited? By using this piece of glass http://a.co/72OMNtq and getting new tail lights? Or is the BLIS module in the rear not in the tail lights? Then maybe have to do something with Forscan to add the option to turn it on or off in the left MFD.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is the only one that can be done.

The Expy is missing several modules the Fusion/Edge/Explorer have that allow some of those changes.

The lack of temp wheel when in CarPlay annoys me also. I did a quick look last time I had Forscan attached, and didn’t find it. I need to compare my Edge coding to the Expy.

If I could have 1 thing that temp wheel would be my #1 choice. It annoys me the most and makes me not even want to use CarPlay. The outside temp being displayed in CarPlay would be nice too but I can live without that. Some Ford's I've driven have the outside temp on the right MFD but my Expedition doesn't have it there either. No clock that I can remember either.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a way to add BLIS to a 2016 Expedition Limited? By using this piece of glass http://a.co/72OMNtq and getting new tail lights? Or is the BLIS module in the rear not in the tail lights? Then maybe have to do something with Forscan to add the option to turn it on or off in the left MFD.

Might want to start a completely new Topic for this one. Way more than just a Forscan change.