ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
So we just picked up a 2015 expedition limited. I've got the correct obd2 but missing modules to modify to mirrrs to autofold and tilt on reverse. Anyone had any luck getting these to work.

Would really appreciate some help!

Thanks, Sam

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So we just picked up a 2015 expedition limited. I've got the correct obd2 but missing modules to modify to mirrrs to autofold and tilt on reverse. Anyone had any luck getting these to work.

Would really appreciate some help!

Thanks, Sam

What’s in the sheet is what we have been able to get to work.

The 15-17 Expys are missing the DDM and PDM. Those are the modules that do those functions on most other current Ford Vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tbone1004

Reaction score
It seems that several things are going on here, so I’ll try to answer as many as I can;

First, the 2018 Power Point code will not work on your 2017 (if that’s what you are trying to do)

so what would your suggestion be to sort that out? I have an engel fridge in the back of my truck that lives there permanently and is connected to a goal zero yeti. I've been using the AC adapter with the inverter to get this sorted, but I would really prefer to have a 12v plug that was keyed so I can charge the yeti that way. I was going to figure out how to remove the rear passenger side panel to replace the 12v outlet with a dual anderson plug, but unfortunately with it being always-on that's not really going to work out.

Anyone have the wiring diagrams for the center console maybe?

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
The expy has been through a lot the past month. I now have gotten my mirrors folding and unfolding through a module under the seat, full sync 3 replacement, and some other changes.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to do is get the white active reverse guidelines to show up on the new sync 3 system through forscan. Got any ideas?? I've been hunting around with no luck

What’s in the sheet is what we have been able to get to work.

The 15-17 Expys are missing the DDM and PDM. Those are the modules that do those functions on most other current Ford Vehicles.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Moving lines are not possible on my 17...Since you replaced the APIM it might have the code to do it.

kojohns

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a problem with not being able to turn off the door ajar chimes when ignition is on. I have a 2015 Expedition Limited. I’ve tried the coding from the spreadsheet here, the F150, the F250... none of it works... chime drives me up the wall!

Any suggestions on a research path to figure it out?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take a look at Explorer coding. I had no issues turning it off on our 15 and our 17...using 2014 F150 coding before the sheet in this thread existed.

fxdwg

Reaction score
On my 2016 Limited, I've been able to change the double honk without issue. I've been trying to change the nav system so that it works in motion, with the APIM change in 7D0-02-01 sector. Mine had the "5' in the second place and I changed it to the "7", but even after several days and numerous key cycles, power resets and master resets, the nav still shuts off as soon as you start moving. Does anybody have any help?

Thanks.

on edit correcting the sector- for some reason I keep thinking it's the 726 sector, but that's in the BCM for the double honk and the bambi mode, the nav is in the 7D0 sector. Trying to eliminate some confusion. When I'm working on the nav, I'm in the APIM, in 7D0-02-01.
Thanks and apologies for the confusion

Last edited:

fxdwg

Reaction score
As a follow up to my prev post, I had not updated the sync in some time and the older version somehow did not allow for the in motion nav. Once I updated it, it the nav is working in motion. So if you're having some weird issues, try updating sync to see if that fixes the issues.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
On my 2016 Limited, I've been able to change the double honk without issue. I've been trying to change the nav system so that it works in motion, with the APIM change in 7D0-02-01 sector. Mine had the "5' in the second place and I changed it to the "7", but even after several days and numerous key cycles, power resets and master resets, the nav still shuts off as soon as you start moving. Does anybody have any help?

Thanks.

on edit correcting the sector- for some reason I keep thinking it's the 726 sector, but that's in the BCM for the double honk and the bambi mode, the nav is in the 7D0 sector. Trying to eliminate some confusion. When I'm working on the nav, I'm in the APIM, in 7D0-02-01.
Thanks and apologies for the confusion

As a follow up to my prev post, I had not updated the sync in some time and the older version somehow did not allow for the in motion nav. Once I updated it, it the nav is working in motion. So if you're having some weird issues, try updating sync to see if that fixes the issues.
Just to confirm what you're saying, to get NAV in motion to work you updated APIM 7D0-02-01 to show "7" in space two versus "5"?