ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to confirm what you're saying, to get NAV in motion to work you updated APIM 7D0-02-01 to show "7" in space two versus "5"?

It is in the spreadsheet.

The issue, is it is not an In Motion Setting technically. It puts the radio in Europe mode, where it is not illegal. It changes other things. Some of the SiriusXM Travellink features go away. The big thing that goes away is the E911 feature that will automatically use the connection to your phone to dial 911 in the event of an accident.

I was not willing to lose this critical safety feature in order to gain a little convenience. When my wife totaled the 15 Expy, when somebody turned in front of her at 45. It called 911 while she was still dazed. She has nothing but bruises, but if it was worse, I would want it to do everything it could to get her help.

With CarPlay I just use Waze. Much more accurate anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
It is in the spreadsheet.

The issue, is it is not an In Motion Setting technically. It puts the radio in Europe mode, where it is not illegal. It changes other things. Some of the SiriusXM Travellink features go away. The big thing that goes away is the E911 feature that will automatically use the connection to your phone to dial 911 in the event of an accident.

I was not willing to lose this critical safety feature in order to gain a little convenience. When my wife totaled the 15 Expy, when somebody turned in front of her at 45. It called 911 while she was still dazed. She has nothing but bruises, but if it was worse, I would want it to do everything it could to get her help.

With CarPlay I just use Waze. Much more accurate anyway!

Maybe I'm just looking at an old version of the spreadsheet. I looked and didn't see it there. Now that you mention the Europe mode, I remember seeing this before.
I'm going to try Waze. I've been using Google Maps and MapQuest via the Android app. I guess I'm a dinosaur lol I like being able to use the factory system though.

fxdwg

Reaction score
HawkX66,

That's correct, updating he APIM line 7D0-02-01, space 2 from the OEM "5" to a "7" does activate it. I don't use my Expy a lot, but when I do, I'm usually traveling with a passenger who can then use it to it's fullest. I try not to do stuff like that when I'm by myself. So the advantage is as a driver, you can head out in the direction you already know you need to go and the passenger can then nail down the final destination details while you're headed there. I like that ability.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just looking at an old version of the spreadsheet. I looked and didn't see it there. Now that you mention the Europe mode, I remember seeing this before.
I'm going to try Waze. I've been using Google Maps and MapQuest via the Android app. I guess I'm a dinosaur lol I like being able to use the factory system though.

You won’t regret using Waze. Google Maps is good also. Both blow the factory system out of the water.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work everyone has done on this project. I’ve been reading through this whole thread for the past week or so, and finally had time to do everything I wanted this morning. Activated remote start, factory TBC, Bambi mode, 6 blinker flashes, remove key in ignition chime, remove green fog lamp indicator from dash, and fog lights as DRL. Truly awesome. Thanks again.

Last edited:

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I did some re-programming this weekend. A few worked and a couple didn't work. Here's what I ended up with:

-Reverse title mirrors didn't work. I couldn't find the DDM.

-Double Horn honk. Very bummed this didn't work. Gas station, leave key in pocket and get out to pump gas and you get two loud honks. Very annoying...

-Seat belt minder shut off. Worked.

-Heated/Cooled seats icons. Worked.

-Secure idle enable. Worked. Might have been enabled already...

upload_2019-4-15_7-35-28.jpg

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
15-17 has no PDM or DDM. Hence why a lot of options available on other vehicles in those same years is not available in ours.

I got the Double Honk Disable to work on both our old 15, and our Current 17. Try it again.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
15-17 has no PDM or DDM. Hence why a lot of options available on other vehicles in those same years is not available in ours.

I got the Double Honk Disable to work on both our old 15, and our Current 17. Try it again.

Will do. Thanks.
Actually... strike that, reverse. I didn't have the line that needed to be changed. 726-41-02

fxdwg

Reaction score
That's interesting your 17 doesn't have the 726-41-02 line, as my 16 Limited EL has it and I did the change to stop the double honk. It also appears to stop the horn from honking at all when the engine is running. Meaning when I leave the vehicle and double punch the fob lock button, I do not get a honk signifying the car is locked.

On the secure idle, what is the "change to" number in 726-42-01? Is the "1" the correct number to enable it or is it something else?