ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In order to make changes, do you need the full Windows version or can I make the changes using the iOS app on my iPad?

I plan on buying the ODBLink MX+ adapter.

Thanks!

Programming has to be done on the Full version on Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Programming has to be done on the Full version on Windows.

ok. Thanks. Now I need to try and find a working Windows laptop.

Question. What is the difference between the free ForScan Viewer and the paid ForScan Lite?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Viewer only lets you read DTC’s. Lite lets you do dashboards, and see live Data. It also lets you do some reset procedures.

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried looking through the spreadsheet, but is there a way to permanently change the ambient lighting color? Mine always switches to the default bluish color when I first get in and turn off the vehicle.

I would prefer it to be the color that I chose in the dashboard settings.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 17 stays at what I put it at. Only time it resets is when I put a tune on or screw with programming on the APIM.

turtle019

Reaction score
I've tried looking through the spreadsheet, but is there a way to permanently change the ambient lighting color? Mine always switches to the default bluish color when I first get in and turn off the vehicle.

I would prefer it to be the color that I chose in the dashboard settings.
My 17 also uses the default blue color until I turn it on. Then it switches back to where I set it. It would be nice if there was a way to override the default

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 17 also uses the default blue color until I turn it on. Then it switches back to where I set it. It would be nice if there was a way to override the default

I think I found it this morning. I started searching other tabs for "ambient" and came up with this. It looks promising.

upload_2020-1-7_11-11-37.png

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OH! Now I understand what you are asking!

Yes, there is a FORSCAN setting and I think that is correct! Set it to purple a long time ago for the Mrs!

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2018 Expy switches to red when the doors open and back to the chosen color when they are closed. I think this is a good idea for safety at night. Back in the day many cars had both red and white lights that came on when a door was opened. The red light was a safety "warning" light. In later years some makers de-contented nearly all door lighting other than the switch backlights but now some vehicles have ambient lights which can double as warning lights.