ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In another thread on power mirrors we just confirmed how to add POWER-FOLD to a truck that has memory mirrors but not power-fold mirrors. Note this does *not* enable any sort of "AUTO FOLD" feature (i.e. fold when locking the truck and arming the alarm) as that isn't available on our trucks without installing additional hardware.

POWER FOLD folds the mirrors in or out by pulling back on the switch in the driver's door armrest. The folding action is controlled by the Driver Seat Module (DSM). The first line of code in the DSM determines whether power-fold is enabled:

PowerFoldENABLE-2015-17.png

To enable POWER FOLD:

• In the first set of values, change the second character to "C"
  • In the second set of values, change the second character to "9"

PS Thanks to members TXFRDOwner and The Wiped Cam for helping to figure all this out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In another thread on power mirrors we just confirmed how to add POWER-FOLD to a truck that has memory mirrors but not power-fold mirrors. Note this does *not* enable any sort of "AUTO FOLD" feature (i.e. fold when locking the truck and arming the alarm) as that isn't available on our trucks without installing additional hardware.

POWER FOLD folds the mirrors in or out by pulling back on the switch in the driver's door armrest. The folding action is controlled by the Driver Seat Module (DSM). The first line of code in the DSM determines whether power-fold is enabled:

View attachment 33951

To enable POWER FOLD:

• In the first set of values, change the second character to "C"
  • In the second set of values, change the second character to "9"

PS Thanks to members TXFRDOwner and The Wiped Cam for helping to figure all this out!

Excellent work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I know I'm new here but I've looked tonight until my eyes are about to bleed. I have yet to find the Remote start enable code. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance!

Armin

Reaction score
Hi all, my apologies if this has been asked, but a search showed no results for me.

For my 2017 is there a way to have ForScan configure the internal air circulation to not auto-switch off when blowing over the windscreen + legs? I can keep it forever on internal on non-windscreen modes, and a bug in the logic allows me to keep it on internal forever too in windscreen + legs mode, when I start the car that way. But toggling windscreen of internal circulation starts the dreaded timer. And Murphy's Law dictates that it always switches off just when you are behind some foul smelling diesel.

This is pretty much my biggest bane with the car. I know there are some legal reasons for this timer, but other car manufactures allow switching the timer off in their settings, so I'm hoping one can configure the timer.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're talking about running in "Re-circulation" mode all the time? I've never heard of a FORScan setting for this. If you leave it on too long it starts to get "stuffy" inside. I've left it on accidentally like that on a trip and, after a while, noticed I wasn't feeling that great so I switched it off. I felt much better after getting some fresh air.

Armin

Reaction score
Yes, I like to keep it on all the time, or at least control when it switches off instead of having to babysit the button. I'm not too worried about fresh air, as I noticed the 2017 model is leaky in general compared to e.g. a new Edge or the Explorer I had before. You still smell some car fumes (diesel, so not my own) even when in re-circulation. But It is usually just for those stretches of highway, and when I leave the main roads I leave fresh forest air in anyway.

Since they allow it on non-windscreen modes, I'm just puzzled they don't on that windscreen+ feet mode.

Other car brands allow this, but not Ford it seems, so I was hoping for a secret ForScan setting.