ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just upgraded to sync 3.4 from sync 3.0 (don't know if it has anything to do with it) But I then went in and changed a couple things on my IPC and now have the hood ajar option and the outside air temp in my cluster. I just used the easy config side of Forscan. I've attached my IPC As Built Coding, as well as the before and after save files from forscan if anybody wants to look at it and add the coding to the forscan spreadsheet.

Screenshot (83).png

Attachments

• IPC As Built Data.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IPC As Built After Outside Air Temp & Hood Ajar Indicator.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 26

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
[mention]LokiWolf [/mention] Have you found any other work around for our 3rd gen expys? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to sync 3.4 from sync 3.0 (don't know if it has anything to do with it) But I then went in and changed a couple things on my IPC and now have the hood ajar option and the outside air temp in my cluster. I just used the easy config side of Forscan. I've attached my IPC As Built Coding, as well as the before and after save files from forscan if anybody wants to look at it and add the coding to the forscan spreadsheet.

View attachment 40120

Awesome work. I am getting ready to dive in and make some minor mods with ForScan on my 2017 Expy Limited, and I too have done the 3.0 -> 3.4 Sync upgrade. The biggest annoyances I have with Sync 3.4 are a) if I unplug Android Auto, it triggers audio off and doesnt change it to last setting (ie use AA , unplug and it switches to FM) like it used to , and b) the volume indicator on the screen is a giant square area, not the trim circular volume indicator as before.

I am hopeful that these are new settings to be tweaked with ForScan...

any ideas?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome work. I am getting ready to dive in and make some minor mods with ForScan on my 2017 Expy Limited, and I too have done the 3.0 -> 3.4 Sync upgrade. The biggest annoyances I have with Sync 3.4 are a) if I unplug Android Auto, it triggers audio off and doesnt change it to last setting (ie use AA , unplug and it switches to FM) like it used to , and b) the volume indicator on the screen is a giant square area, not the trim circular volume indicator as before.

I am hopeful that these are new settings to be tweaked with ForScan...

any ideas?

I’ve had a couple issues once or twice.

Once the radio didn’t shut off like it normally does and i had to reopen the drivers door to get it to shut off - only happened once

And apple carplay refused to connect once, disconnected when driving and wouldn’t reconnect- granted my cord was falling apart so it could have been that but I can’t use the top usb for carplay now - idk why but I haven’t tried it again in a while so idk.

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score

View attachment 40120
Do you know which address change affected the outside temp display on the IPC ?

CHUD

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum. Just picked up our new expedition. Also have a 2018 F150 so been using forscan a while. Does the PDF that was uploaded a page or so back also apply to 2021 models? Thank you in advance.

C.H.U.D.

edit: BCM for double horn honk disable does NOT work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum. Just picked up our new expedition. Also have a 2018 F150 so been using forscan a while. Does the PDF that was uploaded a page or so back also apply to 2021 models? Thank you in advance.

C.H.U.D.

edit: BCM for double horn honk disable does NOT work.

IT does not. There is a thread in the FORSCAN area talking about the 2020+ specifically. The BCM has completely different coding. The Double Honk and a BUNCH of other stuff is in the Easy config drop down area for the APIM and BCM for the 2020+. Make sure you are running the newest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CHUD

Reaction score
IT does not. There is a thread in the FORSCAN area talking about the 2020+ specifically. The BCM has completely different coding. The Double Honk and a BUNCH of other stuff is in the Easy config drop down area for the APIM and BCM for the 2020+. Make sure you are running the newest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Loki. I'll check there now. Appreciate the response.

ChiefsFanInMD

Reaction score
Do you know which address change affected the outside temp display on the IPC ?
I will answer my own question, for posterity's sake. I was able to add outside temp and direction through the IPC easy-config selection. Can't recall exactly which setting it was, but the description mentioned outdoor temp display (or something similar).

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will answer my own question, for posterity's sake. I was able to add outside temp and direction through the IPC easy-config selection. Can't recall exactly which setting it was, but the description mentioned outdoor temp display (or something similar).

Correct that’s how I did it. I also changed my auto light timeout when exiting and added the hood ajar message