Front AC blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy00

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Front blower worked intermittently then quit altogether. one of terminals was burned; the plastic housing showed some melting. My mechanic replaced the Blower and speed controller aka resister. It worked for a week. We live in the desert so it runs at full speed most of the time. So he probably should have changed the female connector with pig tail.

Here's the kicker. I have a manual temp and fan speed control in my EL XLT. The module (resister) FoMoCo 9L34-19 E64, sure looks like it is for ATC. Is that possible? Would that even work and control speed? 20190825_215928[1].jpg

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had to replace that connector harness twice on my 2010 limited. The load is too much and ends up melting the plastic and then the connectors don't seat correctly. If you pull the connector off of the relay, just look inside it for a melted or distorted terminal.

Expy00

Reaction score
Here's the kicker. I have a manual temp and fan speed control in my EL XLT. The module (resister) FoMoCo 9L34-19 E64, sure looks like it is for ATC. Is that possible? Would that even work and control speed? View attachment 31757

Since I had my mechanic working on this I let him order the parts from Ford. Ford supplies the resister and control unit as wa on teh ATC equipped vehicles. That looks to be another component Ford installs from a higher package vehicle even thuogh a cheeper part would work. I am guessing they save on labor, inventory and documentation (procedures),

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I had my mechanic working on this I let him order the parts from Ford. Ford supplies the resister and control unit as wa on teh ATC equipped vehicles. That looks to be another component Ford installs from a higher package vehicle even thuogh a cheeper part would work. I am guessing they save on labor, inventory and documentation (procedures),

That's pretty odd, since they're wired differently (same connector on their end, but the wires coming out of it go different places on ATC vs. Manual)

Sounds more like your guy used Amazon or Ebay and didn't check what they suggested?

PS ...so it DOES work?

Rikk100

Reaction score
I had the problem on a 2014 Expedition with ATC. Front blower just suddenly would not come on. Jiggled wires going into resistor under the glove compartment and it started. Pulled connector and two of the sockets had melted plastic around them. Cleaned that out, put in some OXgard grease and it seems to be working. If it stops, I know I need to replace the connector in all likelihood.

White2012Expy

Reaction score
My fan decided to stop working on my 2012 Expedition EL XLT & a quick google search brought me here. I cant thank you guys enough for this valuable information. my first reaction was to check the fuses & relays but they. were all good. After reading about jiggling the wire under the glove box, I went out and did just that & the blower started blowing again. This is a God send for my wife since we live in sunny Florida. Thank you all!

sportsuburbangt

Reaction score
This sounds just like my problem. the blower motor just stopped working this am. I will replace the plug and harness, the plug in there looked melted.
Thanks!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This sounds just like my problem. the blower motor just stopped working this am. I will replace the plug and harness, the plug in there looked melted.
Thanks!