Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aargm

Reaction score
Expedition Warriors,

need a 9 seat Expedition Max. Ford doesn't sell one.

Will the middle seat from a front bench in an F150 fit in an Expedition?

Larger question, are the seats from F150 interchangeable / compatible with Expedition seats? Is this safe, legal? Any idea how changing seats impacts warranty, liability in the event of a collision?

Desired end state is an Expedition Max with 9 seats WITH a shoulder belt on front-middle seat. Would need to buy an Expedition Max and remove center console; then replace with center seat with an F150 bench seat.

Been to a Ford dealer, part shop, and called into big Ford, but no definitive answers.

GM sells front-center seat in Yukon / Suburban, but it only has a lap belt.

Looking for some help!

Thanks!

4/8/2018 6pm ET update:

Ford called back today with message from brand manager saying to check with Ford Parts to see if seats were compatible. No other word. Haven't connected with Ford Parts yet.

Called another dealer who provides and maintains many MD police departments' Ford Special Service Vehicles. Said that modification would need to be approved by Dept of Transportation.

It's an answer, but not definitive enough yet for me.

Still need to know if F150 seats fit in an Expedition.

Still looking...

Last edited:

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The center console area includes the transmission gear selector and 4WD controls, so not an easy solution to remove it completely.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about the center fold seat from a Silverado? Has a proper 3 point belt, folds down to be a console when not in use and might fit.

As above, you'll have to relocate the shift and drive train selectors but as it is all electrical wiring and no physical linkages, should be easy enough to move. You'll spend more time figuring out where to locate it on the dash. I'd go for the coin holder for the shifter and right knee area in lower dash for drive selector.

Plati

Reaction score
Geez I don't think so. Sounds dangerous. Seating seat belts airbags are a precisely engineered part of the vehickel.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3rd gen (2007-2017) has that possible on SSV models

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expedition Warriors,

need a 9 seat Expedition Max. Ford doesn't sell one.

Will the middle seat from a front bench in an F150 fit in an Expedition?

Larger question, are the seats from F150 interchangeable / compatible with Expedition seats? Is this safe, legal? Any idea how changing seats impacts warranty, liability in the event of a collision?

Desired end state is an Expedition Max with 9 seats WITH a shoulder belt on front-middle seat. Would need to buy an Expedition Max and remove center console; then replace with center seat with an F150 bench seat.

Been to a Ford dealer, part shop, and called into big Ford, but no definitive answers.

GM sells front-center seat in Yukon / Suburban, but it only has a lap belt.

Looking for some help!

Thanks!
Question, why didn’t you just buy a transit van? For the price of your 4th gen you could’ve bought two transits? Also how and where do you plan on moving the transmission bundle to fit this “9th” seat. I doubt the work you’re going to have to do is going to pass a VA state inspection

OP
OP
A

Aargm

Reaction score
The center console area includes the transmission gear selector and 4WD controls, so not an easy solution to remove it completely.
Thanks for responding. I am trying to figure that out. I believe the gear selector is electrically connected only. Still looking.

OP
OP
A

Aargm

Reaction score
How about the center fold seat from a Silverado? Has a proper 3 point belt, folds down to be a console when not in use and might fit.

As above, you'll have to relocate the shift and drive train selectors but as it is all electrical wiring and no physical linkages, should be easy enough to move. You'll spend more time figuring out where to locate it on the dash. I'd go for the coin holder for the shifter and right knee area in lower dash for drive selector.
Thanks for response. Looked at GM cars this weekend, Suburban / Yukon. Front center seats are lap belt only. The standard 3 seat silverados have a middle seat shoulder belt, but that is bolted to back wall. not available in the crew cab silverados.

OP
OP
A

Aargm

Reaction score
Geez I don't think so. Sounds dangerous. Seating seat belts airbags are a precisely engineered part of the vehickel.
thanks for response. I agree. thats why I'm doing some due diligence to get this right. Many / most front bench pickups dont have an airbag for front-center seat. thats why I'm looking for the shoulder belt option.

OP
OP
A

Aargm

Reaction score
3rd gen (2007-2017) has that possible on SSV models
thanks for the response. appreciate the SSV lead. Where have you seen the front bench on a 3rd gen? can you send a link, if you have one? I've only been able to find 8 seat options in SSV so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee