front bench possible? need 9 seats

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Aargm, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

Dude ... I've been to Alaska several times. Had a girlfriend who lived there so I know Alaska from the resident side. Have you considered moving there? I think you'd like it. Its not all a frozen ice cube either and with your skills, you would find work that they need. Just tossin that out there.

2. Aargm

Aargm Member

thanks for commenting. Yes, like @Flexpedition suggests in his comment, I would find one with the gear selector attached to the steering column. Remove center console, and replace with F150 middle jumpseat.

3. Aargm

Aargm Member

Definitely need to purchase column shifter. The F150 seat looks like it should fit. Hard to find actual dimensions / specs. Have you ever seen it done?

4. Aargm

Aargm Member

This was super helpful. Wasn't aware These were out there with column shifters. Now i have a much better idea about what to look for. Thanks!

5. RhinoQuartz

RhinoQuartz Full Access Members

The ones with column shifters are sold as Fleet vehicles only (at least initially). Known as XL, they are below even the XLT trim level. Usually used for emergency responders (police, fire etc).

There may be dimensions in the fleet order guide. You might be able to find one on blueovalforums.com - it's filled with Ford employees and lots of great info on there.

Aargm likes this.
  6. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Old School Member

For the record, here's the split bench seat in a 2008 - the last year offered in an Expedition, only in the XLT in black, gray and camel cloth. Only a couple of dozen sold, mostly to the Forest Service. Entirely different seat than the F150. A dash trim piece differs from the console trim and affords a pull-out pop-up cup holder. Bet these are the only pictures you'll ever find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  7. TobyU

TobyU Full Access Members

THAT'S what they need to offer! This is what I always complain about. They need to give us options!!
    This is just like a Town Car and I would choose it every time over the console. It does need the armrest to open up like most.
    Why did all manufacturers decide when they made a truck into an SUV to change the seat? They thought it holds more people so you don't need the front center.... But the only thing most people use it for is armrest. I couldn't tell your whats in any of mine and we have 5 SUVs at our house.
    They should have each at the dealer and you should check the box when you order it.

8. Dorzak

Dorzak Full Access Members

This thread shows one that was a column shift and had an F150 seat put in middle - thread started about a 2016 but not clear what year the swap shown is. https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/2016-expedition-el-xl-fleet-front-jump-seat.38652/

Also at one point I read that some of the Sync 3 / GPS or other computer items are in the center console with the shifter. The controls for back seat control of audio and heat are also in the console. SSV often ships with no radio and no automatic heat. Heat is manual control and departments that buy them usually put in their own radio/laptop mounts.

Having kids, I am glad they are old enough to know not to mess with the radio. Otherwise those controls would get annoying and if you need 9 seats you may have some young enough to not know better anyways.

9. Mad Oshea

Mad Oshea Active Member

The second seat is the same as the front. Lose The console and air bag thing. The belts will be the same as the back. My air bags are gone, due to how bad they hurt folks. And the size of My truck.