Front License Plate Placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Atwell

Reaction score
Our 2015 Limited EL came with a front license plate bracket. Unfortunately the car was in an accident, see picture 1, and when the dealership repaired it the plate was in a different location, see picture 2. We don't like where it is and would appreciate some input before we take it back to have it changed. Is there a standard or recommended placement? IMG_0521.jpegIMG_0546.jpeg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The original placement was correct. If you look at the Ford publicity photos or the parts book, this is where the bracket is located. Unfortunately they screwed the holes in the wrong piece when they did the repair. Up to you if you want to keep it there or have them fill the holes and repaint the bumper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Don Atwell

Reaction score
Trainmaster, thank you for confirming our suspicions. Appreciate the help. Cheers
The original placement was correct. If you look at the Ford publicity photos or the parts book, this is where the bracket is located. Unfortunately they screwed the holes in the wrong piece when they did the repair. Up to you if you want to keep it there or have them fill the holes and repaint the bumper.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just got a new to us 2015 Limited that did not have any front license plate bracket, so I just went through the process of mounting one on the bumper. From my inspection of your photos, I believe the new bracket is not the correct OEM one. This is the Part # that fits ours: FL1Z-17A385-AA. You can see it online here: https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...iator_grille_and_front_bumper.html?pnc=17A385

The giveaway is the OEM has two tabs at the top to hold the plate, and the plate is fastened to the bracket with two screws in the bottom only. The pictures of your new one show the plate held by 4 screws. The bumper itself comes pre-drilled with three holes that match the ones in the bracket, and you use some plastic push pins to secure the bracket to the bumper.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.12.44 AM.png tempImageflByf2.png

brhulen

Reaction score
We just got a new to us 2015 Limited that did not have any front license plate bracket, so I just went through the process of mounting one on the bumper. From my inspection of your photos, I believe the new bracket is not the correct OEM one. This is the Part # that fits ours: FL1Z-17A385-AA. You can see it online here: https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...iator_grille_and_front_bumper.html?pnc=17A385

The giveaway is the OEM has two tabs at the top to hold the plate, and the plate is fastened to the bracket with two screws in the bottom only. The pictures of your new one show the plate held by 4 screws. The bumper itself comes pre-drilled with three holes that match the ones in the bracket, and you use some plastic push pins to secure the bracket to the bumper.

View attachment 39227 View attachment 39228

It appears the OP didn't have the correct LP bracket to begin with so maybe not put off so much with the replacement?

Plati

Reaction score
Filling holes and repainting the bumper seems the only $olution. But why did you put a beat-up logo plate on anyway in a no-front-plate-state? Looked just as hokey in the original position. Opinions vary. :)

-- Chuck
It was done just to irritate you ....