Front parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjharder74

Reaction score
I put a crash bar on the front so the front sensors go off. I can't seem to find how to disable the front sensors. If I unplug the sensors I get an error message. Pull the fuse, get an error message. Any help??

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Take a picture of your setup. Perhaps there's a way to relocate the sensors to keep them from registering the push bar.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front sensors are mounted into the front bumper ( perfectly flush and blended ) - no way to "relocate" them without leaving holes.

Can you turn off the "parking aid" via the message center on the dash? It will probably shut off the reverse ones also though.

Maybe the dealer can reprogram the PCM ????

Matt

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Actually, my idea was to replace the existing ones with dummys from a junk yard and then mount the actual sensors in or on the push bar. Since they are dummy sensors, you can drill a hole in them to feed the wires for the real sensors. If needed small sheet metal boxes to house the sensors could be fabbed up by a local heating and ac company.

Don't ever tell a guy like me that something can't be relocated, I'll find a clever and elegant way do to it just to prove you wrong. :)

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tonydiv,
I wasn't saying it was impossible. Believe me I know "anything" can be done with a little ingenuity, time and money. I was just letting you know that it wasnt the easiest thing to do.
Years ago Ford used these big backup sensors that stuck out of the rear bumper and definately looked like an afterthought, now they are almost seemlessly intergrated into the bumper, so popping them out and popping dummy ones in isn't a simple task if you are trying to maintain that indiscreet look.

Matt

Attachments

• 9g_800.jpg
    9g_800.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tjharder74,
According to the owners manual ( page 32) if you press the "SETUP" button and scroll through to "FRONT PARK AID" you can disable/enable it by pressing "RESET" or put the vehicle in "D" (Drive) and press "RESET".

Matt

jrscott

Reaction score
You can turn them off if you go into setup as discribed above. I wanted to add a bar to the front to mount some extra lights but when learning it would affect my front park sensors i decided to have something fabricated

Attachments

• IMG_3346.jpg
    IMG_3346.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 428