Front wheel bearing time 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkmonday

Reaction score
It's time for new front wheel bearings. What's everyone using? I've always used Timken or Moog but damn the prices have spiked. Centric or Motorcraft any good? These trucks are heavy so I want good quality. Anyone have a lead to decent prices

OP
OP
blkmonday

blkmonday

Reaction score
130k haven't 100% diagnosed but has the typical groaning noise. It's going in for ac service next week so I was going to have it diagnosed properly while there. Just thinking ahead since I'd do the bearings myself. Would be nice if that's not problem

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score

megan4221977

Reaction score
I have found same brands for cheaper on eBay! I have actually used Detroit Axle for a lot of other vehicles as they come with a 10yr warranty! Fingers crossed, knock on wood I don’t need to do my expedition anytime soon!!

TDBDLB

Reaction score
Agree with Air Brush - my 2010 Expi 4WD 200K and bearings not noisy. When changed to Nitto tires from factory Bridgestone did some increased road growl.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It can happen… I have a ‘16 EL that had a front left bearing go out at 65k miles.

My ‘04 Eddie Bauer was changed out around 225k miles; though I believe it had been bad long before I found it. My daughter drives the ‘04 and pays attention to nothing. I just happened to notice it when I was swapping out her wheels with my old factory take-off’s. When I jacked the truck up I leaned on the wheel, and it moved around like I had loosened the lug nuts. WTF?!?!?‍♂️ Ended up being the wheel bearing, and upper control arm ball joint.