Fuel filter on '09 EB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a new fuel pump on my Expy on Saturday and I was also going to put in a new fuel filter. I could not locate the filter, I took out the tank of course and checked the drivers side frame rail to find NO filter. Dumb question probably, but where is the filter? Anyone know? Thanks.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same problem on an '09 SSV

It ain't where the documentation says it should be, that's all I know

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump module on the '10, so I imagine it probably is on the '09 also. In other words, if you replaced the pump you replaced the filter as well.

OP
OP
RustyOval

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wondered about that, I followed the gas lines and saw no evidence of a filter. I wonder what it is that AutoZone sold me???

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had to guess, if 2010 went to the stupid "lifetime" / "non-replacable" filters that are just built into the pump, I bet it started sometime in 2009. Thats when you get some parts that will have fitment notes mentioning "On or before March 2009" etc.

They probably sold you a filter that fits 2009's that actually had a replaceable filter in the line somewhere. (Im not sure if third gens have them, I just got mine a couple months ago, haven't got down there yet much lol)

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Couldn't find it.

Took off skid plates and stuff, crawled around under truck for a good long while, no sign of it

Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's an in-line fuel filter on all these trucks. According to Google it's located here on the '09:

2010-03-23_005707_1.gif

-- Chuck

Yeah that's where it is on my 08, but pretty sure newer ones are in the tank.