fuel pump driver module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tilliepeople

Reaction score
Having a problem locating the fuel pump driver module on a 2004 lincoln navigator.
It is suppose to be behind the left rear tire on the frame but its not there.
Can anyone tell me where else they may have hidden it?
Bogs out under medium load when starting off but runs great at any other speed.
I have replaced the fuel filter and swapped out the relay with no success

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'04 doesn't have one. You just have the micro-relay up in the fusebox. The fuel module started in '05. What kind of fuel pressure are you getting at the fuel rail ? Cleaned the MAF sensor with some contact cleaner ? Any DTC codes ?

Fuel Pressure Test Kit on Amazon

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
Guess that's why I connot find it.
No DTC codes and no pressure gauge (that may change soon).
I'll get some cleaner and let you know if that helps.
Only does it in stop and go situations so I do not beleive its fuel pump .Runs great at speed.
I'll send the module back and use the savings to get what i'll need.
Wish I had come hear first instead of youtube.
Thank you
I think you have put me on the right track now

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
Update
I'm an idiot. Senior moment.
Short story made long. My granddaughter drives it most of the time so I rely on her impute because it never seems as bad when i drive it.
She said it was running worse after I cleaned the sensors so I went out and cleaned them again.
and hears where it gets good.
I jumped in and went to back out of the driveway and it immediately stalled only this time it was still warm from her driving it.Thats when I realized that it had nothing to do with the engine and everything to do with the brakes were locked up.
I'm probably going to put a new master cylinder in and bleed the whole system and I am willing to bet that solves her problem. And yes the brake fluid is brown.
I think it has a lot to do with her driving habits vs mine because I use the brakes different so it doesn't act up on me as often and when she said it would stall I assumed it was an engine problem