Fuel Tank 2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc from NJ

Reaction score
Need a fuel tank!! I’ve found a few online but I’m not 100% sure if any of them are correct!! If anyone knows for sure what tank this takes and can post me a link I’d really appreciate it!! Inspection due at end of month and I know my tank is rusted out around the top. I’m getting a check engine light which I’m assuming is being triggered by this in some way. Thanks in advance for the help!!! I’m NOT a mechanic but my mechanic says none of their suppliers have or can get a tank for this! Once again, thank you!!

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My local pick n pulls have em for under $50. Would check any scrap yards in your area, not sure about NJ but there doesn't seem to be a lack of totaled 2nd gens in California. There are over 20 that are currently in various pick n pulls within 50 miles of me

texasscot

Reaction score
I've repaired mine and posted on the forum about it, as have others. Lots of photos. Should be searchable.
One point though; this tank is plastic and can't rust. It usually gets a small split in an access port fitting on the top.