Full synthetic price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the price difference for for Motorcraft semi-synthetic ? After years of using full synthetic, I going to start saving a couple bucks when I do it myself !

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I just got a full synthetic oil change at the dealership. In and out in just under an hour. The labor was $32.50. The filter was $9.99 (FL500S). The oil was $47.94 or $7.99 for the six quarts (XO5W30QFS).

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the price difference for for Motorcraft semi-synthetic ? After years of using full synthetic, I going to start saving a couple bucks when I do it myself !
Synthetic is to cheap to swap for semi. I paid $30 for 6 quarts of STP full synthetic and a motorcraft filter at autozone the other day. If there is an autozone near you go check it out and see what f they’re still running a deal on it

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do it yourself. Mobil1: $26 at Walmart

That jug at Walmart is only 5 quarts.

I buy my Mobil1 at Costco - regular price is $37.99 for 6 quarts, but it's REGULARLY on sale for $28.99.

They stock 0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30 consistently.

I stock up on NAPA Gold filters (oil and air) when they do their filter sales.

mpgo4th

Reaction score
Do it yourself. Mobil1: $26 at Walmart, Motorcraft filter: $4 at Walmart. With a No Spill Systems drain plug and adapter, you don't need a pan or tools and the old oil drains right into a gallon jug.

https://www.nospillsystems.com/
Made in USA/Canada, good stuff.

I do just that. Only it's $26 for a 5 qt. jug of Mobil1. You still need to buy 2 extra qts. for $5.99 each and motorcraft filter for a total of $41 to do it yourself. I'd do it myself no matter the cost just so I'd know it was done right.

Jachniw

Reaction score
Do it yourself. Mobil1: $26 at Walmart, Motorcraft filter: $4 at Walmart. With a No Spill Systems drain plug and adapter, you don't need a pan or tools and the old oil drains right into a gallon jug.

https://www.nospillsystems.com/
Made in USA/Canada, good stuff.

Nice idea to makes things cleaner and easier.
But....does anyone have any tips on removing the oil filter without making a huge mess? The 5.4L on my 2008 has a nice "drip pan" under the filter, but it's useless. I spend more time cleaning that mess than changing the actual oil.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
$72.55 for "The Works" scheduled service on my '17 Expedition. Parts, labor, tax. Six quarts Ford full synthetic XO-SW30-QFS at $7.53/qt.

I'm fixing (as we say in Virginia) to do an oil change in my Honda S2000 roadster and picked up some full synthetic 5W-30 at the local auto parts store. Genuine Motorcraft 5W-30 full synthetic was sitting on the shelf for just about what the dealer charged. And it was less expensive than the fancier brand names. I don't know who makes this but, despite preference for a specific oil, oil is oil. :)

-- Chuck