Full synthetic price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy mobile 1 and a Napa platinum (WIX XP) filter for about $45 then take it to valvoline they report to carfax so it maintains my warranty every 5k Mi at valvoline it only cost me $20 to have them do the change and report it to carfax
Doing your own oil change (as long as you keep your receipts) will not void your warranty

Carfax has nothing to do with it. its nice to have it on Carfax for when you sell it if someone check it but that's about it

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is only for factory warranties.

3rd party and dealer warranties can add any stipulations they would like.

Do the Ecoboost call for full synthetic??
No they recommend motorcraft semi synthetic. Run full synthetic as it’s a better oil

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No they recommend motorcraft semi synthetic. Run full synthetic as it’s a better oil

For regular driving and regular 5k or less change intervals one is only throwing away money going full synthetic unless it is called for.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Fact. But it makes many of us feel better ;) and the oil change schedule hasn't been 5,000 miles in a decade anyway. It's 10,000 miles on the latest Expeditions. But what would the idiot engineers at Ford know about their engines? (Answer: the Internet knows best with recommendations as low as 3000 or 5000 miles.)

Of all the cars I've owned only one (1) the Subaru 3.6R Flat6, requires synthetic. If conventional oil is used the service interval is cut in half. (That car now has our biggest engine dwarfing the 3.5 V6 EcoBoost.)

-- Chuck

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fact. But it makes many of us feel better ;) and the oil change schedule hasn't been 5,000 miles in a decade anyway. It's 10,000 miles on the latest Expeditions. But what would the idiot engineers at Ford know about their engines? (Answer: the Internet knows best with recommendations as low as 3000 or 5000 miles.)

Of all the cars I've owned only one (1) the Subaru 3.6R Flat6, requires synthetic. If conventional oil is used the service interval is cut in half. (That car now has our biggest engine dwarfing the 3.5 V6 EcoBoost.)

-- Chuck

I am clear that it is a fact under the uses I noted.

I have a dealership lifetime and unlimited mileage power train warranty and it requires 5k changes even though Ford calls for 10k.

But also I have never gone over 5k because it makes me feel better. The Sienna I dumped for the Expedition and our Highlander calls for full synthetic. Not sure there are many Toyota’s that don’t call for it because almost all require 0w20 and I am not even sure that is available in a conventional oil.

Richard_S

Reaction score
I pay about 70 for full synthetic oil change and tire rotation, battery test at the local Ford dealer since new. Truck has had full synthetic since first oil change and I change it between 5k and 6k. Truck has 217k now.