Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Pearson

Reaction score
I was just wondering will a 2004 ford expedition fuse box work in a 2003 ford expedition and also the Body Control Module (GEM) out of a 2004 Ford Expedition will it work in a 2003 Ford Expedition.

Thank You
Larry Pearson
[email protected]

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse boxes changed twice in 03 alone. Check the numbers. You might get lucky with the 2 parts. Be sure though, cause if Ford changed a 12 volt wire or ground, it's grab the extinguisher time.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Larry Pearson

Larry Pearson

Reaction score
2003 box.png box1.png The above photos of the 2 fuse boxes 1 is out of my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT and the other is out of a 2004 Ford Expedition XLT and I noticed the the N5P4D number matches on both fuse boxes. My question is will the 2004 Fuse Box work in the 2003. I have looked and looked and they are identical with where all cables and fuses goes.

Thank you for your time in this matter and your help.

Larry Pearson
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larry Pearson

Larry Pearson

Reaction score
The above Photos of the Fuse Boxes one is out of a 2004 Ford Expedition XLT and the other is out of my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT I noticed the the numbers N5P4D matches on both, and the lay out of all Relays and Connectors and the lay out of the fuses are identical. Cant I use the 2004 Ford Fuse Box in my 2003 Ford.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the words of my buddy Clint, do you feel lucky? You don't know the difference between the 2 units. One could have the positive lead on the left, 1st pin, the other could have it wired all the way on other side. You really need a schematic of both the part, and the plug and wires going to it. Other than that, your gambling, and you might lose!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have the vin# from the 04 that the parts came out of, you could go to the parts department at a dealership and get the replacement part#. Then go to another dealership and get the replacement part # for your 03 vin#.

I said go to dealership because it is to important to be wrong and you want to be standing in front of the guy to be sure. Plus you can catch more info that way and if the parts person is cool get him to look up both. (if they do buy them lunch) always nice to have a friend in the dealership.

Plati

Reaction score
I'd give it a shot!
Make sure you report back here so the viewing public knows.
Experiments are so much fun.
Let us know, take some video too !!!

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It couldn't be easier, you have both side by side to compare.