FX4 Tires: A/T or All Season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my FX4 order sheet shows "275/65R18 AT OWL TIRES", but all the FX4 photos I can find seem to show Michelin Primacy XC tires. Which is what Tire Rack shows as the OEM installed tire for a 2018 Expedition Max. But it lists them as all season tires... What gives?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So my FX4 order sheet shows "275/65R18 AT OWL TIRES", but all the FX4 photos I can find seem to show Michelin Primacy XC tires. Which is what Tire Rack shows as the OEM installed tire for a 2018 Expedition Max. But it lists them as all season tires... What gives?
Maybe yours will be different than the pictures you have found. Or there was a typo

OP
OP
shane_th_ee

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hoping I end up with better tires. And I'm sure they'll blame it on a typo, but the specs on the website and the brochure all state "275/65R18 AT" or "275/65R18 All Terrain" tires...

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I'm hoping I end up with better tires. And I'm sure they'll blame it on a typo, but the specs on the website and the brochure all state "275/65R18 AT" or "275/65R18 All Terrain" tires...
You spent $60,000 plus on a new truck, what’s $2,000 extra to buy some nittos or bfgs?

OP
OP
shane_th_ee

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You spent $60,000 plus on a new truck, what’s $2,000 extra to buy some nittos or bfgs?
Well, I paid $1400 for a package that's supposed to include A/T tires. My $60k+ is also supposed to include, among other things, 18" aluminum rims, leather seats and air conditioning. Just because I could afford go out and have aftermarket rims, leather and air conditioning installed, doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed when the thing shows up at the dealer with a cloth interior, no air con and rolling on 14" steelies...

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Well, I paid $1400 for a package that's supposed to include A/T tires. My $60k+ is also supposed to include, among other things, 18" aluminum rims, leather seats and air conditioning. Just because I could afford go out and have aftermarket rims, leather and air conditioning installed, doesn't mean I wouldn't be pissed when the thing shows up at the dealer with a cloth interior, no air con and rolling on 14" steelies...
Tht would be one of a kind! Might look better than a normal 4th gen too

philggg

Reaction score
I just got my FX4. It does come with the Michelin Primacy XC. (see photo). But according to the Michelin web site (https://www.michelinman.com/tire/michelin/primacy-xc) these are off road rated tires (9/10 for off road capability). But they are also decent on the road with reasonable noise levels and wear. My experience with them on the road is they are reasonably quiet. (I did not try off road yet).

IMG_5008.jpg

MichaelSE

Reaction score
Are those P-metric or LT? Should be at least C-rated LT for off road use on a heavy vehicle, but I just learned that the F150 FX4 comes stock with P tires...

philggg

Reaction score
Good question. I am not sure where that is on the tire. It does say "116T" Does that mean it is rated for 116 MPH with a T rating?

IMG_5013.JPG