Garrett Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamjriii

Reaction score
We lost the driver side turbo on our 2017 last week, I am thinking of replacing both turbos with the Garrett Power Max upgrade and Mishimoto inlet tubes. Has anyone done this and what has the performance been afterwards?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think @Hvunderground845 did this upgrade. Interesting that it's always seems to be the driver side that fails. I have a manifold leak and am contemplating a similar upgrade. But I keep this vehicle primarily for towing, so I'm very weary of doing anything that will reduce reliability.

OGBobbyJohnson

Reaction score
Powermax have been great upgrades with the tune. Added mishi radiator for towing and replaced the warped manifold with the 5 star performance ones . Also did the gt spark plugs.

OP
OP
J

jamjriii

Reaction score
Powermax have been great upgrades with the tune. Added mishi radiator for towing and replaced the warped manifold with the 5 star performance ones . Also did the gt spark plugs.
Thanks for the input! Funny thing, we sold our 2004 Eddie Bauer when we bought our 2017. Would have kept the old one if we had the room for it...

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Do you tow with yours? Curious if the low end drops much after the turbo swap.

Was the truck tuned prior to the turbo swap or only afterwards?

OGBobbyJohnson

Reaction score
i do tow a 33ft Jayco Whitehawk that weighs about 8900lbs. i have a tow tune that is great as well as the performance tune when i am not towing. i had the tune prior to turbo swap and 5 Star just updates the tunes for free if you buy the turbos from them. i also did the SPD thermostat.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
We lost the driver side turbo on our 2017 last week, I am thinking of replacing both turbos with the Garrett Power Max upgrade and Mishimoto inlet tubes. Has anyone done this and what has the performance been afterwards?
U will not be disappointed with the Garrett’s, however you will need to upgrade your exhaust manifolds also & I would recommend Form line from Full Race.

…and tuning from MPT

1708227843016.jpeg