Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used 2000 Ford Expedition Specs & Features
Fuel & MPG
Combined MPG14
EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy)12/17 mpg
Fuel tank capacity30.0 gal.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the better half took a trip to the beach last week to visit with her sister. Round trip around 800 miles. She wanted to drive Blackie. Only thing she was hauling besides herself was a suitcase and a beach chair and bag. I opted to rent her a small car for the week with unlimited mileage for just under two Benjamins. Would have cost that in gas alone for Blackie to make that rendezvous, thus it paid for the rental. Hertz didn't have a small car available and upgraded her to a GMC Terrain, which gets 28 mpg, otherwise she could have saved more on gas. Never the less, she spent less than $90 in fuel and drove new, with no wear and tear on Blackie. Win, win.

Tom Aldridge

Reaction score
My 04 EB 2x2 with 5.4L 2V 3.73 gears, gets 8-9.5 around town and 17-18 hwy.
If I drive around town like I have an egg on the accelerator, it MAY get close to 10.5.
I don't get Ford in this area. This mildly tuned engine should get much better econ.

I had a 2001 Suburban 4x4 GMT800, 3.73 gears, LS1 5.7L 350HP engine. At that HP the engine is obviously tuned more radically and is larger, but it got MUCH better fuel econ than this Expy ... 14-15 city 18-19 hwy, driven normally and measured by hand, regular as clockwork. That Sub was heavier than my Expy.

I've gone over the Expy, monitoring params whilst driving, and I don't see anything that would cause this terrible mileage. I'd seen people complain forever about the Expy's mileage, so it is what it is, I suppose.
Wish it had a diesel. My GMC 3500 SRW Duramax gets 15city, 20hwy (no trailer) so think what the Expy could get... not to mention that it'd be unbeatable in a drag race. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360