Gas siphon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxHTX

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reliable product that they have used for gas siphoning for their 2021 expedition that does NOT include using your mouth?

I’m looking to get one in case of emergencies. There have been too many times we have run out of gas for our generator and cannot find any at gas pumps (because everyone is looking for gas in those situations) and it would have helped a lot to have a siphoning device.

Our biggest problem is trying to get one to fit past the opening of the tank. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People don't have much luck just using a standard syphon system on the Expy's. I made up a small fuel pump assembly using a Holley electric pump and some 3/8" clear tubing. I wanted something simple enough for my wife to use if I'm not here. You can take power from a cigarette lighter port or use alligator clips direct to the battery of the vehicle . Works great and pumps fast enough. I added the switch, and I just store the whole rig with my extra gas cans and the generator.... I keep my boat full of fuel for such occasions ....

Holley Electric Fuel Pump / Emergency Fuel Pump Rig

TjKkje.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MaxHTX

Reaction score
Great idea! But I need something that we don’t have to build and would be easy for me to use.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The anti-rollover valve also functions as an anti-siphon valve, i.e., it's hard to stick a hose into the tank. You'll have to build something with a small tube that can fit through it.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reliable product that they have used for gas siphoning for their 2021 expedition that does NOT include using your mouth?

I’m looking to get one in case of emergencies. There have been too many times we have run out of gas for our generator and cannot find any at gas pumps (because everyone is looking for gas in those situations) and it would have helped a lot to have a siphoning device.

Our biggest problem is trying to get one to fit past the opening of the tank. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Could always just stock up on fuel at home? Nowadays it’s getting more and more difficult to siphon gas from vehicles. Proper planning for emergencies at home can easily fix this issue