Getting Max A/C on Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FormerGermanFan

Reaction score
Hi all! Tried searching for an old thread on this but nothing turned up so I figured I'd ask around.

Is there any way to activate Max A/C or at least your last-used climate setting upon remote starting? It's been pretty hot here in Texas lately and I find myself using the remote start more and more to cool the Expy down before driving off.

The only problem is when I get in, the vents blow just about the same as a mouse through a straw would. So the truck is never as cool as it could be. Anybody gotten around this?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what you get on remote start:

e63df1ad492865a1e165600880580716.jpg

There is an option in the gauge cluster to remember prior settings but I think that applies to the climate control seats only.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In addition, Max AC is useless right when a vehicle starts.

Compressor take a sec to get going, and the inside temp is hotter than the outside. Max AC is full fan, full cool, and recirc in one button. Recirc is bad when inside is hotter than outside. Cooler fresh air from outside brings the relative temp down faster.

In addition as others have noted, Recirc won’t even stay on forever when you are driving, because of risk of CO2 buildup, which makes people tired, and other negative effects.

There is a way in FORSCAN to lower the set point, but I think the lowest it goes is 68? Don’t quote me on that. At least the setting existed on my 16 Edge. I set it to 70.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lukewang01

Reaction score

Compressor take a sec to get going, and the inside temp is hotter than the outside. Max AC is full fan, full cool, and recirc in one button. Recirc is bad when inside is hotter than outside. Cooler fresh air from outside brings the relative temp down faster.

In addition as others have noted, Recirc won’t even stay on forever when you are driving, because of risk of CO2 buildup, which makes people tired, and other negative effects.

There is a way in FORSCAN to lower the set point, but I think the lowest it goes is 68? Don’t quote me on that. At least the setting existed on my 16 Edge. I set it to 70.

I see, that's why it won't stay on recirc foever. Tried to use recirc when going through tunnel in heavy traffic to Manhattan, don't know which way kills me faster. Maybe just don't use AC.

OP
OP
FormerGermanFan

FormerGermanFan

Reaction score

I wouldn't say Max A/C is useless when it starts. One of the things I really like about Ford's is how within 10-15 seconds the air comes out COLD, so having the fan on max and re-circulation on helps. European cars aren't as good in this regard.

I've been meaning to make some other changes in FORSCAN, will add this to the list. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretbrat