Getting ready to buy - Is it an OK time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I currently own a 2010 Expy limited. I love it and it runs and drives fine BUT the quarters are rusted all to hell. Like holes big enough to put your fist through on both sides.

I was planning to buy a new one, when the parts supply issues started up. Specifically I really want to get a Limited Stealth Performance loaded.

Am I a fool to buy now? I hear stories of missing features, long waits, etc.
Or is it fine as long as I am willing to wait?

I am pretty sure I can nurse another year or two out of the current one, but the rust has crept around far enough that it is visible when you open the doors and even a little with the doors closed.

Opinions?

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a few post here about the delay when ordering, some have ordered back in November and are still waiting for a production date.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for that info.

Is anyone getting trucks missing parts/features? Or do you just wait until they can build it proper?

Mostly what I want to avoid is "Bring it back later and we will add the missing parts". I feel like that could lead to quality issues compared to factory complete.

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
I ordered mine in November, went into production 3-25-2022, lets see how long it takes to get it. Some others have posted that they are now on chip hold. I would never take delivery if it was missing parts. At this point, I may go buy a BMW X7 and call it a day, Ford has dropped the ball on this.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So can I assume I am going to have to pay full sticker for a truck?
Perhaps, but there are dealerships selling for under msrp. You’ll need to do your research and possibly be willing to take a road trip to pick one up.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So can I assume I am going to have to pay full sticker for a truck?
Only if you have a ton of money that you would like to contribute to your dealer. If you can nurse it. wait, do not play the game

ssmock

Reaction score
I heard that with all of these 2021 and 2022's built without chips are waiting for the supply to catch up. Once that happens in 2023 the bottom will fall out on all of the last years models and the used car market will correct. It's insane what some of the later model used trucks and SUV with 80K to 100K are selling for. Best to wait if you can.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I currently own a 2010 Expy limited. I love it and it runs and drives fine BUT the quarters are rusted all to hell. Like holes big enough to put your fist through on both sides.

I was planning to buy a new one, when the parts supply issues started up. Specifically I really want to get a Limited Stealth Performance loaded.

Am I a fool to buy now? I hear stories of missing features, long waits, etc.
Or is it fine as long as I am willing to wait?

I am pretty sure I can nurse another year or two out of the current one, but the rust has crept around far enough that it is visible when you open the doors and even a little with the doors closed.

Opinions?

Demand is way up, supply is way down. 3% off sticker is now a "deal." Anyone buying now is a fool, desperate and/or very wealthy. That said, if you are ok waiting and paying far more than you would if the market was not in the current state it is is, then go for it.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Demand is way up, supply is way down. 3% off sticker is now a "deal." Anyone buying now is a fool, desperate and/or very wealthy. That said, if you are ok waiting and paying far more than you would if the market was not in the current state it is is, then go for it.
Here's the thing as I see it. If people pay these overinflated prices what they are doing is costing everybody more money as dealers will never come down to invoice prices. Hell there are some who are paying "adjusted market" prices, over and above MSRP. These folks who are signing these 5 and 6 year notes are friggin' crazy and are screwing everybody else who comes after them..