Getting ready to buy - Is it an OK time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Demand is way up, supply is way down. 3% off sticker is now a "deal." Anyone buying now is a fool, desperate and/or very wealthy. That said, if you are ok waiting and paying far more than you would if the market was not in the current state it is is, then go for it.
I would be the second of those three options (desperate). Wife’s GMC Acadia died on us, it was gonna cost more than what the car was worth to fix it so we sold it as is. We ordered an expy (pretty plain one at that) in January and have had production pushed back two whole months from the original scheduled build week. While waiting on the car to come, we’ve been racking up miles on my ‘19 f150 STX, which I hate doing but we have no other option.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was just reading that Expy sales are down over 50%. If that is how bad things are why charge over masrp.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an Aprils fools thread, right guys? No one is really serious about buying a possibly-non-ISO-chipped, defeatured truck, for at or above list price, are they?

No, this is a horrible time to buy, for a dozen reasons.....but we all gotta do what it is that we gotta do.....I won't fault you, but it does deserve a "wtf are you doing brother"!

lol

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'll fault the reasoning. Supporting a inflated price on a Expy is flat out nuts imo. Wth are you going to do when there is a correction and that same dealer tells you that the value of it has fallen 30-40K in the past 18 months because of the inflated value? Of course that dealer will sell you one at MSRP if you want to trade it.