Glad I got SCT instead of HPTuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just reading that Emotion, who made the nGauge HPTuner, is out of business. Glad I got the SCT instead! Even if it is a “lesser” tuner, it did everything I needed and the manufacturer is still in business at least!

Anyone with the HPTuner know what ongoing support is going to look like, if any?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NGauge HAS never been a HPTuner Device, it just uses HPTuner exported files and leverages the VSuite to write the tunes. Basically it was a partnership agreement. Emotion is the manufacturer, and between COVID and Supply chain issues, they closed up shop at the end of 2020.

HPT is still supporting it(Software). They have NEVER supported the hardware. HPT's devices are the RTD and MPVI2. RTD is the more user focused device, and the MPVI2 is the Semi-Pro/Pro device. Both require a windows device to upload a tune, but can tune multiple vehicles at once, you just buy credits. There is a Mobile app coming.

The issue with SCT is the Support on the back end. The tables the SCT actual tuning software has access to, is less than what is available in VSuite(HP Tuners Software). You can adjust more basically. Especially on the Transmission. Then there is the Logging...RTD, and the MPVI2 can log MANY channels at very high refresh rates. None of the SCT devices come even close. But the RTD/MPVI2 does require either the Pro upgrade to do Stand Alone Logging, or a laptop attached and using Scanner.