Glitch in instrument cluster in 2022 Timberline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tacoman

Reaction score
Just got my new Timberline with the big LCD screen and I love it! One thing I have noticed, however, is on the instrument cluster (not the LCD screen), the 4 gauges across the top will sometimes shift inwards causing them to overlap with other things on the screen. See the attached picture where it is overlapping with the GPS directions. It seems to fluctuate back and forth, and sometimes even changes as I drive the car. Has anyone else come across this issue? The "normal" position would be two gauges mostly above the tach, and the other two gauges mostly above the speed with a gap in between for the GPS directions.

Ford Truck Dashboard.jpg

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You found a bug. You can contact the dealer and see if there is a software update available yet that will fix it.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
None here. Maybe its the tilt indicator. Try changing the main display center to something else and see if it still happens.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not seen that yet. I just crossed 3200 miles on mine and use Apple CarPlay navigation.

My bigger issue is that the Transmission Temp indicator will not stay on. It keeps resetting to the Power Boost after each restart of the Expedition.

alademann

Reaction score
My bigger issue is that the Transmission Temp indicator will not stay on. It keeps resetting to the Power Boost after each restart of the Expedition.
How do you get the boost to be replaced by transmission temp (even temporarily - I haven't found that function yet)?

JustMatt76

Reaction score
I've got 1600 miles on my Timberline and haven't run into any of those issues. The only thing I've had a problem with is Apple Car Play not connecting to my phone after it connected to my wife phone and her phone is still in range. Not a huge issue but annoying......only thing I can think is to see if a over-the-air update will fix it or take it to a dealership to see if they can flash the computer???

MikeS3000

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to get the custom gauges to stick after restarting the vehicle? Mine does the same thing and it's annoying on my '23. My '18 that I sold did not have this problem.