Good example of bad load balancing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a trailer person here.... so what it the answer. Put less weight in the front of trailer and more over its wheels?
Or get helper springs air bags etc or both??

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The black plastic bag over the rear window and trailers condition tell me all I need to know here. Bonus is his mismatched rim up front.

Ghostwolf

Reaction score
That setup has clusterf@#$ written all over it. Based on how close the trailer tires are to rubbing the box, the trailer must be waaaay overloaded. Then you tie that onto the tow vehicle with no weight distribution.

With the damage on the trailer box, tow vehicle window, and spare tire rim mounted up front, I wonder if this rig already found the ditch before these photos were taken.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Can’t help but wonder if he got to where he was going safely?
He may have gotten to where he was headed, but it sure as hell wasn't safely. Every bump would have reduced the steering even more than it was already in the pic. Braking? Please... Maybe in about a mile. Any cop should have pulled that idiot over. That set up was just waiting to kill someone on the road.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The black plastic bag over the rear window and trailers condition tell me all I need to know here. Bonus is his mismatched rim up front.

Yes - and he probably has a very large vehicle insurance policy to cover others on the road, in case of a crash.........

And don’t you love people that tow trailers, that think they have the right to park and block numerous parking spaces designed for one vehicle?

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TobyU, As you state, I suspect moving items around inside the trailer to reduce nose weight was an option, I suspect the whole rig weighted more than that car is rated to pull!! But also some kind of weight distribution hitch (plus moving items inside the trailer) was definitely in order, it must have been terrible to drive!! I sure hope he had a brake controller as well to help with braking!!

Gary

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Not for nothing, as we're all bashing him, he might have had his air bags go out. I doubt it for a few reasons, but it's possible...
As far as taking up several spaces. What do you expect someone with a trailer to do? Drop it at the local truck stop so you can go somewhere that doesn't offer trailer parking?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not for nothing, as we're all bashing him, he might have had his air bags go out. I doubt it for a few reasons, but it's possible...
As far as taking up several spaces. What do you expect someone with a trailer to do? Drop it at the local truck stop so you can go somewhere that doesn't offer trailer parking?

Park in an area designed for trucks and/or trucks with trailers. If there are none - then you’re out-of-luck.

Somehow, many truck drivers think the whole world is a parking lot, and they have the right to obstruct and impede others.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Park in an area designed for trucks and/or trucks with trailers. If there are none - then you’re out-of-luck.

Somehow, many truck drivers think the whole world is a parking lot, and they have the right to obstruct and impede others.
HA! Good luck with that. Pretty selfish of you to think that way. The world doesn't revolve around you...