Gorilla Lug Nuts Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't recommend the need for everyone to swap the stock lugs out ASAP. I used these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089RG7XJH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you ever think you might get a flat after someone else has rotated your tires etc, don't expect to be able to get the stock lugs off on the side of the road. Those things are junk. Even just holding both of these in your hand you can tell the difference. Much heavier and solid.

Agreed stock lugs are junk

OP
OP
zak99b5

zak99b5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to do brakes on the wife's minivan (VW-badged Chrysler). Her lugs were all sorts of messed up; look to be the same 2-piece design. What crap.

DFWHD

Reaction score
My wife's 17 F150 went in to get the tires rotated back in February at Just Tires they let me know 2 of the 4 wheels had issues with the lug nuts. They said they had none in stock but could order higher quality lugs for between $4 and $5 each depending on the brand. I declined and ordered the Gorillas for both her F150 and my 22 Expy direct from Gorilla and paid about $3.45 each including tax and shipping. I had all lugs swapped during tire rotations at no cost, but did pay $10 to get the bad lugs off the F150. When I handed the guy at the counter the new lugs to be installed, he said the Gorillas were a great choice and that was one of the brands they recommend. Really glad I ordered direct and swapped everything out when we did. Would hate for one of us to be on the side of the road with a flat and have lug nut issues.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife's 17 F150 went in to get the tires rotated back in February at Just Tires they let me know 2 of the 4 wheels had issues with the lug nuts. They said they had none in stock but could order higher quality lugs for between $4 and $5 each depending on the brand. I declined and ordered the Gorillas for both her F150 and my 22 Expy direct from Gorilla and paid about $3.45 each including tax and shipping. I had all lugs swapped during tire rotations at no cost, but did pay $10 to get the bad lugs off the F150. When I handed the guy at the counter the new lugs to be installed, he said the Gorillas were a great choice and that was one of the brands they recommend. Really glad I ordered direct and swapped everything out when we did. Would hate for one of us to be on the side of the road with a flat and have lug nut issues.
Lug nuts would be my least worry if I have a flat on the side of the road. Jacking the car up would be the first. Main reason to have AAA or similar roadside service IMHO.

I had to jack up a Plymouth Neon once on the side of the road, at night, while snowing. Not fun and the crappy car jack sank in the grass.

xmountaineer

Reaction score
Lug nuts would be my least worry if I have a flat on the side of the road. Jacking the car up would be the first. Main reason to have AAA or similar roadside service IMHO.

I had to jack up a Plymouth Neon once on the side of the road, at night, while snowing. Not fun and the crappy car jack sank in the grass.

I had a flat on the interstate less than 2k miles into my ownership (23k on the Max), drivers side rear. No issue with the lug nuts but changing a tire with big rigs going by you at 80 mph and you are right next to the line is quite unnerving. I can change a tire in less than 10 minutes from flat to back on the way and I took my time on this one. I’ve changed 37” bias ply Irok on my old Jeep on the side of a hill with a high lift jack and felt safer. Lol.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a flat on the interstate less than 2k miles into my ownership (23k on the Max), drivers side rear. No issue with the lug nuts but changing a tire with big rigs going by you at 80 mph and you are right next to the line is quite unnerving. I can change a tire in less than 10 minutes from flat to back on the way and I took my time on this one. I’ve changed 37” bias ply Irok on my old Jeep on the side of a hill with a high lift jack and felt safer. Lol.
My wife's Accord picked something up about 200 miles into a trip and destroyed the tire. Of course, it was 102F outside and the trunk was full of all our crap. On the side of the highway I had to unload the trunck, get out the spare, swap it, but the old tire in the trunk then load our crap. Drive to Walmart, unload all our crap and take out the wheel, then load all our crap back in to keep from leaving it in the parking lot. Wait for them to change the tire, then unload all our crap and put the spare back in and load all our crap back into the car and try to make it to the hotel. My wife bought me baby wipes and clean clothes for right before we got back on the road. Worst tire change ever, but I didn't have to deal with crappy lugnuts, so there's that.