GPS radio/cd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check with Crutchfield about options for your year Expedition. I got a nice Kenwood from them and a plug and play harness that allows steering wheel control.The unit has all the latest options like Apple play and several GPS programs.
Uses the OEM speakers with no new wiring.

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
marlin,
Thanks for your reply....I will take a look at what Crutchfield has to offer. Thanks for the info!

Jim

Frank Swygert

Reaction score
I have the Nav unit in my new to me 2005. The radio is great, CD changer (in console, as pointed out) is great. I got it from a Honda dealer and I think their detail shop removed the owners manual and nav cds when they cleaned it, sales person of course knew nothing about them. I researched the nav cds. For just under $200 you can get an updated set, but I don't know when they were last updated. You can find older ones on e-bay for $15-20 EACH, but not much good. I debated getting a new nav/stereo/CD unit, but since the CD changer works great and will play CD I burned from MP3s on my computer, I decided to just get a Garmin and leave the factory unit alone. With an SD card, USB drive or Bluetooth input the CD changer is really a moot point though. I wanted a back-up camera and got a Garmin wireless system. It's okay, relatively easy to install (I put the sending unit on top of the wiper bulge in the hatch cover), but don't expect it to be like a factory unit in a newer car. Those are better because they are tuned to the individual car, not a one-size-fits-all. definitely better than no camera, but you still use it in conjunction with your side mirrors.

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
Thank you Frank...I think I am going to leave things as they are and go the Garmin route. Thank you for your reply.

OP
OP
yockmyer

yockmyer

Reaction score
Good morning and thanks for your reply...I like the look of that unit. I still haven't changed my existing set-up. We don't own a cell phone, so my uneducated concern is that most features will be useless without one. I need to do more research on it before I make the leap. Thanks again for your reply....

Jim
My Kenwood uses Garmin as its base nav . Also I have Google map, Apple map and Waze.\ as a part Apple car play.
IMG-5639.jpg