Grinding Noise Gets Louder in 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s not as true as it used to be. Per the senior masters there, there have been more Front differential failures in the 04+ trucks with an I WE system because everything is turning all the time as opposed to the older systems. High mileage and lack of fluid changes increase the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't all turn all the time other than a few rpms from drag, we just went all through that.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It doesn't all turn all the time other than a few rpms from drag, we just went all through that.

I’m telling you what the senior masters who have done this for 20-30+ years told me on the IWE 4x4 system compared to the earlier systems. If they said there’s more failures than there used to be, I believe them [emoji2373]

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m telling you what the senior masters who have done this for 20-30+ years told me on the IWE 4x4 system compared to the earlier systems. If they said there’s more failures than there used to be, I believe them [emoji2373]

They are only used 1% of the time on the average and even then they share half the load with the rear diff. They must be leaking more or getting more water in them, otherwise they never wear out unless maybe you are doing the Baja 1000 every year. Maybe they are leaving them in auto 4wd which is only needed on snowy and icy roads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK