Gutting the rear AC ND Heat behind the rear passenger panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
03 Eddie Bauer wanting to gut the rear AC and heat components behind the rear passenger panel to store secondary and third batteries and power inverter has anyone ever done this if so how can I do it without affecting my front AC?

Thanks

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can either cap the lines or loop the a/c & heater lines with barbed 'U' tube connections and a/c type worm clamps, you should be good to go. Make some hangers for under the floor. May be able to get these from a place that supplies aftermarket installed a/c systems.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure you completely secure the batteries and add a fuse to each battery's positive terminal in case the positive lead shorts to the frame.

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The heater hose up front that It's off I can cut there and plug it.and gut the heater lines going to the back.
If u have a link to the tool to crimp the AC lines that would be helpful
I went to 3 different parts store and they didn't have no clue how to cut or crimp or plug the AC lines....

And I already got 2 ANL fuses for the batteries

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will have to depressurize your a/c system, cut the ends of the lines going to rear air (I think they are rubber barrier hose) & plug the ends of the hoses. Pull a vacuum & recharge.

You will not be able to loop the hoses like you can the heater hoses since one line is high pressure and other is low pressure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357