Halogens on Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha I wondered if anybody would notice the wheels. I had the dealer swap the 22's that came with my vehicle for 20's off a Limited they had on the lot when I took delivery. Mostly for more tire choices but I also just prefer to have more sidewall. I happen to like the look of these wheels better than the 22s as well.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they feel different with the smaller wheels on.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to say since I only ever drove Expys with 22s on various test drives. I want to say that potholes etc arent as harsh but that could be placebo.

I have another thread called "Jittery ride with CCD" or something like that. It's possible that the CCD suspension is tuned to only work with 22" wheels but that doesn't make sense. More sidewall, lower tire pressure, and less unsprung weight shouldn't produce body vibrations where none existed before.

I still want to go test drive another Expy with 22s at some point just to see if I notice a difference.

As far as I know nobody else who has posted on this forum has both 20" wheels and CCD suspension.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha I wondered if anybody would notice the wheels. I had the dealer swap the 22's that came with my vehicle for 20's off a Limited they had on the lot when I took delivery. Mostly for more tire choices but I also just prefer to have more sidewall. I happen to like the look of these wheels better than the 22s as well.

I thought they were the Ltd wheels. But I also thought you might have swapped for the 22s off a Ltd F150 or something.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One guy put 17in on his platinum durin winter time.

OP
OP
B

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s me. The ride is fine. It’s only slightly more plush due to the HUGE sidewalls.

I’m actively looking for 20s. I can’t stand the ugliness any more. Haha

e27972f783c75de026f0905730c66251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with these for the reverse bulb. 2000 lumens. I have them on the Raptor, and they make a nice bright area for backing up. Clearly see the difference on the reverse camera.

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 2000 Lumens Error Free 921 912 3035 Chips LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRGU91Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NlTFBbQ7M1C2B

How easy (hard) is it to pull the housing?

@Yukon Joe
Do these work on the 2018 Expedition. When I plug 2018 Ford Expedition in to the "See if it fits your vehicle" test, it says they are not compatible with the Expedition. Want to brighten my reverse lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni