Hankook tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Bellows

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with the hankook tires. I bought a new 2019 in early 2020 and have less than 10,000 miles. I am going to need my fourth new tire Due to nails etc. I have the 22 inch rimes and have never had to buy 4 new tires on any car before needing replaced.Anyone have any suggestions on a tire that is not this bad. I have not found a review that said anything good about the tire or the manufacturers interest in standing behind there product.

Jackc

Reaction score
I have the Hankook AT-2 and love them. My tire shop talked me into the Goodyear AT and I had to return them due to the poor ride and exchanged them for the Hankooks

XnXty

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with the hankook tires. I bought a new 2019 in early 2020 and have less than 10,000 miles. I am going to need my fourth new tire Due to nails etc. I have the 22 inch rimes and have never had to buy 4 new tires on any car before needing replaced.Anyone have any suggestions on a tire that is not this bad. I have not found a review that said anything good about the tire or the manufacturers interest in standing behind there product.
We bought our 2020 Expedition in March of 2021. I've had THREE (3) different incidents of getting nails/screws in the tires. 1st time it was able to be plugged . 2nd & 3rd time required buying new tires!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We bought our 2020 Expedition in March of 2021. I've had THREE (3) different incidents of getting nails/screws in the tires. 1st time it was able to be plugged . 2nd & 3rd time required buying new tires!
Living in FL it seems that roofing nails are everywhere. I just bought new Michelin's and am praying I don't get another nail in the sidewall, which is basically 60% of the target area for nails. Once I got three nails in one tire at once.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 which had 22” All Season Hankooks. My opinion was the tires were smooth and quiet. With light rain, turning corner at a normal conservative speed I had the rears break loose just a little a couple times. I was forced to replace one tire around 10K miles due to a slow leak. Turned out to be a small puncture near the sidewall. Around 30K miles my Ford Dealer said one tire had a bubble in the sidewall.
I “Threw in the tire”, purchased New Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S II’s all around. With 23k miles on these tires, they have been exceptional. Better steering response then OEM tire, quiet, smooth, equal fuel economy and no issues with wet cornering. They are wearing evenly and well in my 4X4 Expedition.
I predict you will have better experience with your Michelin’s. Although roofing nails and tires are not a good mix.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the 22s

I used to replace 1 tire a month on a bimmer with with like 255/30r19 iirc.

If you have 50-60-70 height tires, you practically never replace em until they're worn bald.

Low profile tires are flashy but weak weak sauce.

Gnl9349

Reaction score
I have 13K on my Expedition and I have already lost confidence with these tires. I had a 2018 Explorer with Hankook tires and they were horrible. Thankfully then Ford had some type of defect recall on them and allowed a good deal of money to replace them but don't believe it would happen again. They are horrible tires.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you search the term "hancooked" or "hancocks" you will come across a ton of unhappy stock tire owners, myself included. The stock 22 inch Hankooks are complete garbage and honestly dangerous to drive in the rain. Mine lasted maybe 30k miles before I couldn't take it anymore (not to mention tread was pretty much gone as well)

I went with pirelli scorpion 3s and alotnof people are also happy with Michelins.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Hankooks were slippery as hell, but I never got a puncture in them before I wore them out. Any tire will take a nail, so I wouldn't judge a tire because you drove over nails......